Just got a DVR-PTR.

DVR-PTR V1, V2 and V3 Support
du2uxh

Just got a DVR-PTR.

Post by du2uxh »

Hello. I hope someone reads this. I got the above toy but not sure what version it is. It has a piggy back board inside with a RJ45 and RJ11 connector. I wanted to make a D-Star gateway or repeater using this board and a GM300 radio. Can someone help me what I need to set it up and where can I download the programs needed to get it working?

Many thanks and appreciate the help.

Max
n9mxq

Re: Just got a DVR-PTR.

Post by n9mxq »

Gene in Belvidere IL
Please don't email me with questions.
That's what these forums are for.
There's much more brainpower collected here
than I have alone.
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by M1DNS »

When you setup pistar, set it up using dstarrepeater setup and not MMDVM setup because this board isn't compatible with MMDVM or MMDVMhost.

Sent via smoke signals from my SM-G935F M1DNS (Admin)

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
du2uxh

Post by du2uxh »

Thanks for all your replies. What I want to do is to use the DVR-PTR and GM300 as a D-STAR Gateway or perhaps a repeater. I have a working Pi-Star Hotspot out of Raspberry pi zero, that I use for DMR and D-Star.

After reading a few sites about this device (DVR-PTR), I think I know what I needed most. I need the DV-RPTR Control Center program but the link in dvrptr.net doesn't show the files, instead it just direct me to yahoo.com.

I really appreciate if someone can send me a working link where I can download PC Software: DVRPTR Control Center software.

Many thanks.
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by M1DNS »

If your running pistar with this board you wont be using the control software that was produced by the boards developer. Thats a seperate software that runs in a windows OS which you would run instead of pistar.

The board works with pistar, when pistar is configured in a dstarrepeater setup. ie your using dstarrepeater software within pistar setup and not MMDVMhost setup as you are with your pistar DMR.

Sent via smoke signals from my SM-G935F M1DNS (Admin)

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.