DMR2YSF Not Working

General support for the Pi-Star System
KE2SJ

DMR2YSF Not Working

Post by KE2SJ »

I am having trouble with DMR2YSF with my Anytone 878. DMR2YSF and DMR Gateway are turned on but when I transmit on 7099999 private (which should be Parrot), I hear nothing in response. When I connect using my 7250 to Parrot, it works fine, so I know the reflector is operational. I likewise have gotten no responses when putting out calls on major YSF reflectors (using 70 as the prefix as is the case in the DMR2YSF TG list on the Pi-Star Web Site. The dash shows DMR2YSF mode in the green and listed at the bottom of the page. Any ideas as to why this isn't working?
AF6VN

Re: DMR2YSF Not Working

Post by AF6VN »

My suggestion would be to /first/ disable DMR Gateway mode and ONLY work with DMR2YSF. If it works with just DMR2YSF the problem likely is in the configuration of DMR Gateway.

--
AF6VN
Dennis L Bieber
KE2SJ

Post by KE2SJ »

Thanks. I haven't touched the rewrites, they're at default. How can I check and if necessary change the rewrites from away from default so the crossover works? Shouldn't the defaults work as installed? I will also test using non-Gateway.

How do you mean that DMR2YSF needs its own network configured and enabled? In addition to DMR2YSF mode I have YSF mode enabled and set up.
KE2SJ

Post by KE2SJ »

Thanks. How do I set up the DMR2YSF network in Gateway? Again, I had thought that Pi-Star came with DMR2YSF built in and set up for using the YSF "TG" list on the the Pi-Star web site without further configuration.
KE2SJ

Post by KE2SJ »

This is true. If I set DMR2YSF as the master, I can't use regular DMR TGs; I can only use DMR2YSF, which means changing the master back and forth, which is a pain. It is my understanding that under Gateway I should be able to use regular DMR AND DMR2YSF without shifting masters back and forth. All help appreciated!
KE2SJ

Post by KE2SJ »

Thanks; much appreciated. Where can I find the info needed to configure each network in Gateway (BM, DMR+, TGIF, DMR2YSF)? I'll be sure to make a backup before messing around!