End of an era, and the start of a new one!

Announcements from the Pi-Star Admin Team
MW0MWZ
Site Admin

End of an era, and the start of a new one!

Post by MW0MWZ »

Team Pi-Star, it's been an exciting / challenging time, a wild mix of fun, tough with an equally wild rollercoaster of successes and... well not failures exactly, but not exactly successes either.

In the beginning Pi-Star development was a lot of fun, but as the user base grew, so did the challenges, here we are years down the line, and it's time for some major changes, not only the Pi-Star but also to the way Pi-Star is maintained.

In the beginning this small project was easy to manage, but its use has exceeded all expectation, and it needs more input than I have time for - and as the saying goes, when the fun stops, stop. I no longer think that I am the right person to have sole control over this project, in fact I seem to be having this pointed out to me in one way or another very frequently, and I can't ignore that.

To really bring Pi-Star forward it needs a few fairly large scale changes, those changes would take me quite some time to achieve on my own, in short I need YOUR help. I don't want to see this project come to an end, I'd rather turn it over to your brilliant minds so that we can evolve it into whatever the future is going to bring us.

With that in mind, I'm looking for volunteers, we need expand team Pi-Star; first off I need some people to look after the repo's on github, review pull requests, commit code that makes sense, and dig in and help out directly when the need arises.

We also need people to help out looking after forums / facebook and other admin related tasks to help keep the lights on.

EDIT:
If you would like to take an active part in the development of Pi-Star, and the services around it - please melt my inbox at [email protected]
If you want to help out on this forum, or our Facebook group, please reach out to Andrew at [email protected]

I want to stress that we are not closing up shop, rather we want to expand operations and make Pi-Star bigger, better and stronger than ever before.
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
http://pistar.uk