BM password is lost!

General support for the Pi-Star System
oe7abh

BM password is lost!

Post by oe7abh »

Hi there,

if I load my Pi-Star setting (zip file) onto a new Pi-Star image and then the call sign and ID etc. change (for a different call sign, radio friend) Pi-Star no longer remembers the Brandmeister password. Recognizable by an empty Brandmeister hotspot security field ("configuration" page). No more black dots either !!

It also makes no difference whether I change and save the PW on the "configuration" page or under Expert "Full Edit: DMR GW".
How can I prevent Pi-Star from losing the BM password?

73 Alfred
Pi-Star:4.1.6 / Tableau: 20220115
oe7abh

Re: BM password is lost!

Post by oe7abh »

Thank you for your information ! I was able to determine and confirm the same behavior in my experiments....
Maybe the developers can fix the bug...
73 Alfred
SA0BUX

Post by SA0BUX »

I notice the same BUG when you use DMRGateway , every time you change some settings the BM Hotspot Security will be reset to default
Password="passw0rd" in /etc/dmrgateway

I have not noticed that problem if you use a dedicated BM Master instead of DMRGateway.
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by M1DNS »

SA0BUX wrote:I notice the same BUG when you use DMRGateway , every time you change some settings the BM Hotspot Security will be reset to default
Password="passw0rd" in /etc/dmrgateway

I have not noticed that problem if you use a dedicated BM Master instead of DMRGateway.
If your using expert settings dont go back to using pistar basic config as hitting apply changes on any of the config panels will rewrite the basic config undoing what you have done in expert. Its written many times... if your using expert settings, contine to use expert setting for any futhur changes.

Sent via smoke signals from my SM-G935F M1DNS (Admin)

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
EA3BIL

Post by EA3BIL »

oe7abh wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:43 am Hi there,

if I load my Pi-Star setting (zip file) onto a new Pi-Star image and then the call sign and ID etc. change (for a different call sign, radio friend) Pi-Star no longer remembers the Brandmeister password. Recognizable by an empty Brandmeister hotspot security field ("configuration" page). No more black dots either !!

It also makes no difference whether I change and save the PW on the "configuration" page or under Expert "Full Edit: DMR GW".
How can I prevent Pi-Star from losing the BM password?

73 Alfred
Pi-Star:4.1.6 / Tableau: 20220115

Hi Alfred,

Let me suggest you have a look to this:

viewtopic.php?p=22353#p22353
73'Rafael.
EA3BIL
JN11an