Not able to Transmit with my FT70DR

Help with YSF / Fusion issues
vr2wpd

Not able to Transmit with my FT70DR

Post by vr2wpd »

Hi,

My jumbospot works fine on DSTAR with my Icom ID51A Plus, but when I use it on YSF with my Yaesu FT70DR, I can hear other's traffic (their call signs are also shown on my FT70DR's screen), but I can't transmit on my Jumbospot. My RF transmission is not shown on the dashboard at all. I tested my FT70DR and it has no problem. There must be something wrong with the setting. Is it related to the RX offset setting?

Please advise.
MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Re: Not able to Transmit with my FT70DR

Post by MW0MWZ »

If your hotspot is set to Private more (general settings in the config page) the callsign in the radio MUST match the repeater exactly.
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
http://pistar.uk
K1JWG

Post by K1JWG »

Possible solution:

These exact symptoms occur if the FT-70DR is not transmitting in simplex to a hotspot (Zumspot in my case). Check the radio for simplex operation with the F-0 key sequence. Make sure the setting value is "SIMP". (Pi-Star on the hotspot also should be in simplex.)

This stopped my hair pulling.
M6zab

Post by M6zab »

I to haveing same problem ft 70 d not connecting to me hotspot on ysf my 991 works great in Rx and tx but handheld only receive I will look at setting to
DH2GCH

Post by DH2GCH »

Menu 61 W/N.DEV
check settings must be WIDE.
N8FRJ

Post by N8FRJ »

DH2GCH

THANKS- after hours of "troubleshooting" changed the setting to WIDE, and now it works. Have no idea how it got changed...

NiFRJ
G4YDM

Post by G4YDM »

Same trouble here.

Set the FT70D to wide deviation and simplex under configuration callsign same as a repeater also set to private.

Still No joy still unable to transmit?

John G4YDM