VPN option and custom billboard on dashboard.

Suggest new features here
N7GWA

VPN option and custom billboard on dashboard.

Post by N7GWA »

Would love to se a simple way of setting up VPN configuration.

One other useful option would be to add a billboard on the pi-star dashboard. I use this as a hilltop multimode repeater, and the ability to add a message like "Please be sure to disconnect from reflector when youre done using it" would be gold.

Adding an option for a custom message when the Dstar "information" command is sent would be very nice too.

One other option: The ability to keep people from accessing talk groups and reflectors unless they're added to a list. This way i can have them read and accept the repeater etiquette page before i add their callsign into the system.

I'd literally pay for these options!
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Re: VPN option and custom billboard on dashboard.

Post by M1DNS »

Ist point. The dashboard was never intended to be the landing page of a website. Theres actually features written in that you can use to embed parts of the dashboard into a seperate webpage.
Also...
If its an issue your users not dropping a reflector when they're done, as owner / sysop you have the ability to make it so the setup drops a reflector after a predefined time after the last seen local keyup.

Sent via smoke signals from my SM-G935F M1DNS (Admin)

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
N7GWA

Post by N7GWA »

M1DNS wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:38 am Ist point. The dashboard was never intended to be the landing page of a website. Theres actually features written in that you can use to embed parts of the dashboard into a seperate webpage.
Also...
If its an issue your users not dropping a reflector when they're done, as owner / sysop you have the ability to make it so the setup drops a reflector after a predefined time after the last seen local keyup.

i realize this was never "intended to be", but being as this is a "feature request" forum, i figured id make a suggestion.

It's currently setup to drop DMR talkgroups after 10 minutes. I have searched many forums, and am yet to find anything that'll drop Dstar connections after a set time without having to program a default reflector to connect to. The alternative way results in the system giving a "connecting to:"... followed by a "not linked" message constantly every 10 minutes.

If you know of an alternative way of handling this, by all means, educate me.

If not, lets consider this another feature request.
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by M1DNS »

N7GWA wrote:.

lets consider this another feature request.
Yeah, total missed the fact you were posting in feature request section.

As to unlinking a reflector connection, I've posted that quite a few times here in the forum, a search should find it. To save me writing it all out agn Image

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
N6MIK

Post by N6MIK »

Theres actually features written in that you can use to embed parts of the dashboard into a seperate webpage.
I am trying to do this currently - can you share details on this? Thank you!
N7GWA

Post by N7GWA »

I’d like more information on this as well