Beeping every time a new transmission is received

Help with YSF / Fusion issues
kd6qfo

Beeping every time a new transmission is received

Post by kd6qfo »

Hello:
I am new to Pi-Star but have it working on D-Star and YSF. I also have OpenSpots (V1 and V2 for comparison). My question is how to turn off the beep that happens when listening to YSF (System Fusion). Its not the radio because listening to the same reflector on the OpenSpot I do not get the beep. I am using PiStar, the latest build in the ZumSpot flavor.

My radio is a FTM-400DXR. I know its got a beep setting under TX/RX | Digital | Standby Beep but this is different. If that is on, I get a beep at the start of the received signal and the end. So one is from the radio which I can turn off and the other is from the ZumSpot.

Any help appretiated,

Thank You.
N4BKR

Re: Beeping every time a new transmission is received

Post by N4BKR »

Check to make sure that the radio is in DN mode, without the line across the top, and isn't flashing.
kd6qfo

Post by kd6qfo »

I believe selecting the DN mode over auto select might stop the beeping but in my testing, the beeping was only when using the Zumspot. I will test again.

I like the idea of having the radio in "auto" mode selection but what do I loose by forcing DN?

Thanks for the reminder.

Kevin.
KG5ZOK

Post by KG5ZOK »

Go into settings, TR/RX, digital, and turn off stand-by beep.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

kd6qfo

Post by kd6qfo »

Yep, tried that. As stated in my question, the beep setting in the radio turns off the beep at the end of a transmission. The beep I am trying to trun off is at the start of each transmission when the radio is set to auto mode select. Its something in the Zumspot as this does not happen on the OpenSpot from RF Shark.

Thank you.
Ve3gob

Post by Ve3gob »

I dint know if you figured this out yet...
But the previous answer is coreect.

Be sure your radio says bthe big letter DN not the small font with a line over top. dn.

Va3tdg

kd6qfo wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 8:20 pm Hello:
I am new to Pi-Star but have it working on D-Star and YSF. I also have OpenSpots (V1 and V2 for comparison). My question is how to turn off the beep that happens when listening to YSF (System Fusion). Its not the radio because listening to the same reflector on the OpenSpot I do not get the beep. I am using PiStar, the latest build in the ZumSpot flavor.

My radio is a FTM-400DXR. I know its got a beep setting under TX/RX | Digital | Standby Beep but this is different. If that is on, I get a beep at the start of the received signal and the end. So one is from the radio which I can turn off and the other is from the ZumSpot.

Any help appretiated,

Thank You.
kd6qfo

Post by kd6qfo »

Log gap in my reply... Yes, changing the mode to DN (without the bar across the top of the DN) does stop the beep at the start of a YSF transmission.

I got an FT5 and had to relearn this again.

Now I am puzzled why this is happening and I need to test with an OpenSpot again to see if I get the beep or not. With the FT3, I was pretty sure that the OpenSpot with mode in DN with bar across toe (Auto Mode) I did not get a beep.