Talkgroup favourite or search option

Suggest new features here
GW7ODP

Talkgroup favourite or search option

Post by GW7ODP »

Hello
I have searched for a previous request for this feature but couldn't find one.

I change my talkgroups on both my YSF and DMR hotspots regularly and finding the groups can be a little difficult as there is no option to search so would it be possible to have either a search option or a favourite group option added.
KF0EZB

Re: Talkgroup favourite or search option

Post by KF0EZB »

GW7ODP wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:15 am Hello
I have searched for a previous request for this feature but couldn't find one.

I change my talkgroups on both my YSF and DMR hotspots regularly and finding the groups can be a little difficult as there is no option to search so would it be possible to have either a search option or a favourite group option added.
I think you are referring to the reflector drop down box, if so I completely agree. as far as I know you can set the startup reflector then if you wan't to change you have to scroll thru a ton of reflectors some of which are closely named. A search box and filter selection would be awesome. I know this is an old post but maybe my reply will bring it back to the top.
k2LYNC

Post by k2LYNC »

Everyone wants this! EVERYONE!
AF6VN

Post by AF6VN »

Considering that most, if not all, Brandmeister servers have been dropping reflector usage in favor of direct talkgroup dial-up, a "recent used" sort of a reflector drop-down would be moot for them (no experience with other DMR servers, nor how YSF operates its "rooms").

I tend to rely upon using my radio(s) channel settings to select talkgroups, and the only thing set via the control panel is the startup BM (static) talkgroup (and D-Star reflector).

--
AF6VN
Dennis L Bieber
G4FDL

Post by G4FDL »

k2LYNC wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:22 pm Everyone wants this! EVERYONE!
I don't.
kk6qms

Post by kk6qms »

I am also hoping they will add the TG descriptions or hot links to the dash/screen as well.
M7DHQ

Post by M7DHQ »

I added a pull request for this with a few screenshots of how it looks: https://github.com/AndyTaylorTweet/Pi-S ... h/pull/148