Pi-Star update stops at PiStar Firewall

General support for the Pi-Star System
LA6IM

Pi-Star update stops at PiStar Firewall

Post by LA6IM »

Trying to update more of my hotspots over the last week or so, all running Pi-Star 4.1.6, they all stop the updating process when reaching Updating PiStar-Firewall... Upper right hand corner of the dashboard shows: Pi-Star:4.1.6 / Dashboard: 20220401
Have tried re-installing 4.1.5 on two hotpspots, followed by an update to 4.1.6 which works great, but proceeding to normal Update still stops at Updating PiStar-Firewall...
Any ideas?
73's de
Hans / LA6IM
LA6IM

Re: Pi-Star update stops at PiStar Firewall

Post by LA6IM »

Retrying an update today did not cause the same issue, so maybe, just maybe, something has been corrected without a heads-up?
Wishing you all a Happy Easter.
73's de
Hans / LA6IM
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by M1DNS »

Or the update, just didnt take correctly with the first try.

Sent via smoke signals from my SM-G935F M1DNS (Admin)

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
LA6IM

Post by LA6IM »

Hi Andrew,
That's why I tried this more times with multiple failures. Each try was followed up by powering down my JumboSpot which I am using at present.
Yesterday, as mentioned above, I made another try, which was successfull. However, two tries today failed, so I am still not sure what halts the process.
The reason for doing a manual update is merely that I switch off the hotspot when not in use, so to ensure I have the latest Pi-Star fw, I do the update prior to switching it off.
73's de
Hans / LA6IM
KY6O

Post by KY6O »

I've had my configuration become corrupted a few times, without making any changes to the software. A restore from the last backup fixed that.
My problem was slightly different, as my Jumbospot clone was acting strangely, including not responding after I reboooted it. I have no idea why this happened, since I always shut it down cleanly.
LA6IM

Post by LA6IM »

A quick update as the issue is still active on my two Raspberry Pi Zeros with MMDVM JumboSpot hat, hi. The Zero can only connect to 2.4GHz WiFi, so 5GHz is not an otion here.
If I use a high speed modem connection to the Internet, everything related to the Update works without a glitch.
But, if I use a slow speed modem or have a low speed connection to the Internet, the problem re-surfaces, i.e. the Update stops at PiStar Firewall and the Pi-Star refuses to continue from there. As mentioned, only way out is to power it down and reconnect the power.
73's de
Hans / LA6IM
KY6O

Post by KY6O »

Do you see the syncing disk message?
LA6IM

Post by LA6IM »

Update today went a-ok, no glitches, so not sure what caused the previous issues.

For KY6O:
It never reached that far in the outset, as sync'ing disk comes AFTER the Firewall update.
73's de
Hans / LA6IM