Services crash when connecting to unknown reflector

Help with YSF / Fusion issues
W8DSB

Services crash when connecting to unknown reflector

Post by W8DSB »

If you try to type in a reflector number into the wiresX system and the reflector number is no good, pi-star will crash. If you try to connect to a YSF room that is off-line, pi-star will crash. I run two pi-star (mixmode) repeaters and had to shut off YSF because users try to connect to off-line resources and the entire repeater goes down. Is there anything available to fix this, or is there a better way to protect the PI from crashing? The error is "services not available" after doing this. :ugeek:
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Re: Services crash when connecting to unknown reflector

Post by M1DNS »

Thats not a usual case scenario.
Not linked is the usual follow up when linking to something not found.

Sent via smoke signals from my SM-G935F M1DNS (Admin)

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
W8DSB

Re: Services crash when connecting to unknown reflector

Post by W8DSB »

I agree with DSTAR as I have been using pi-star and dstar for years. I just bought my first fusion radio as my users have been wanting fusion and as a trustee I wanted to monitor what is going on. Since it has been on, it has locked up a few times.....I bought a FTM-300 at Dayton and I sat down with our tech team and we found if you hit the wiresX button and get a list....if the reflector is off-line the services crash. Same if you hit #xxxxx# < some reflector that does not exist. Restarting services or rebooting is now your only option. For now we had to turn off YSF until we figure this out.