DMR2YSF settings problem

Help with DMR issues
K8JFG

DMR2YSF settings problem

Post by K8JFG »

I've had my Pi-Star setup on DMR successfully, and even configured it to run both DMR and YSF - so I can access it with my DMR handheld and my YSF radio to reach their respective networks (verified with contacts on both). But what I really want to do it use my DMR HT to access both networks. Specifically I want to connect to a couple of YSF rooms where some friends hang out.

So I turned OFF the YSF configuration, applied settings, turned on DMR2YSF, applied settings, and changed the settings following examples I've seen on this forum (using DMRGateway and BM_3103 server). All appears to be working (I get no error messages). With my DMR handheld I can still make contacts and hear traffic on the DMR TGs. But when I call for a check on TG 7100290 (should be YSF America Link) I get no response. Everything shows up fine on the dashboard - I see my transmission and the Target is TG 7100290, which also shows up as a Dynamic TG.

I can't imagine there isn't anyone on America Link? But does anybody have any clues as to why it doesn't seem to be working? (Or what setting am I missing?)

Thanks,
Jon
K8JFG

Re: DMR2YSF settings problem

Post by K8JFG »

Update - I have noticed that the YSF Network ID on my dashboard is not the same as the number I provided through the TalkGroup. My DMR TG of 7100290 (supposed to be America, room 2-90?) actually put me in "FCS00287". So maybe I'm not getting to anyone because I'm actually linked to an unused Room ID?? Not sure how that mapping is setup. Or is there a way to get the DMR TG # to use across the gateway for a YSF room? Still not sure exactly what I'm looking for to cross over. The "room" ID's appear to be an unorganized, dynamic list of YSF and FCS numbers. Anyone know of references to make sense of this?

Jon
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by M1DNS »

Yeah things have changed server side and fcs connections are broken at the moment. Theres a big post and follow up thread that tells you why. So maybe search that out (ive not time to repost it here agn now)

Sent via smoke signals from my SM-G935F M1DNS (Admin)

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by M1DNS »

Just found it...

viewtopic.php?t=3905#

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
VE3RD

Post by VE3RD »

FCS may not be working due to its dynamic tg assignments(ie: keep changing)

why not try the ysf reflectors. much more stable
64230;America-RC;YSF-TO-WIRES-X;73.111.54.112;42000;000
32592;US-America-Link;AmericaLink;63.250.41.136;42000;606
so America Link should be 7032592 in the DMRGateway
LW3EAJ

Post by LW3EAJ »

buenas tardes ...
he configurado mi pi-star en DMR y en DMR2YSF ( via gateway) .
Ambas opciones funcionan correctamente individualmente una de otra.

Cuando quiero acceder a las salas YSF , ENTRO al panel de control de pi-star prendo la opción DMR2YSF (GATEWAY) y con la programación correcta de los TG de mi radio acceso sin problemas a las salas YSF.

consulta: cuando quiero cambiar de DMR a DMR2YSF ( via gateway) solo se puede hacer accediendo al panel de control ?
No hay forma de optar entre una opción y otra desde la programación de la radio sin acceder al panel de control, el cual no siempre tengo disponible ?

NOTA: mi pi-star corre en un hotspot simplex y utilizo una radio DMR retevis RT3S.

muchas gracias por vuestra colaboración
LW3EAJ
jorge
Argentina.

good afternoon... I have configured my pi-star in DMR and in DMR2YSF (via gateway). Both options work fine individually from each other. When I want to access the YSF rooms, I ENTER the pi-star control panel and turn on the DMR2YSF (GATEWAY) option and with the correct programming of the TG of my radio I access the YSF rooms without problems. query: when I want to change from DMR to DMR2YSF (via gateway) can it only be done by accessing the control panel? There is no way to choose between one option and another from the radio programming without accessing the control panel, which is not always available to me? NOTE: my pi-star runs on a simplex hotspot and I use a retevis RT3S DMR radio. Thank you very much for your collaboration LW3EAJ Jorge Argentina.
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by M1DNS »

Leave both enabled.
When you connect to DMR TG's you use DMR TG's in the radio.

When you want to talk to YSF reflectors you use YSF TG's in ur radio.

Tg4000 drops the DMR connection
Tg800400 drops the YSF connection.

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.