Anytone 578 receives will not transmit

General support for the Pi-Star System
AG7ZW

Anytone 578 receives will not transmit

Post by AG7ZW »

Running an Anytone 578 with a Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Plus Rev 1.3 build, running a Linux pi-star 5.10.63-v7 with a
The issue is, I am not able transmit using the Hima MMDVM hotspot top Hat on an Anytone 578. I am able to receive, but not transmit against the BM_3401 server. A oddity is I have an Anytone 878, which is basically using the same code plug and it works? Another odd part is I can use my Open Spot and the same radio and I can receive and transmit. I can also transmit and receive on local DMR servers.

I have used mmdvmcal to test and calibrate, been checking the logs, not seeing errors? Been though the Expert page and checked the modem parameters. Pretty stumped
AF6VN

Re: Anytone 578 receives will not transmit

Post by AF6VN »

AG7ZW wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 3:35 pm A oddity is I have an Anytone 878, which is basically using the same code plug and it works?
Have you opened both code plugs side-by-side and compared /everything/. Hotspots tend to want the channels configured as if for a repeater (though this may be more critical for D-STAR), but with a zero offeset (same Tx and Rx frequency, since DMR rigs tend to use that for input rather than being given the Rx frequency and just the offset to apply the Tx). If you have the Hotspot channels set as "simplex" the hotspot may reject packets (this is "DMR Mode" in the 878 editor, and likely similar for the 578.

Do both radios have the same call-sign/DMR ID number? If the IDs are different, and the hotspot is configured for PRIVATE, only the ID listed in the hotspot config will be accepted.

Heck -- set the 878 and the 578 to the same hotspot channel, but turn off the hotspot. PTT on one rig should activate the receive on the other. Test in both directions (watch out for feedback if speakers are near the other's microphone).

--
AF6VN
Dennis L Bieber