Sorry, guys, but I'm lost

Help with DMR issues
WB5DLI

Sorry, guys, but I'm lost

Post by WB5DLI »

I'm running a Kenwood D74 into a Pi-Star hotspot. I've been using this rig for a few years on DSTAR and recently decided to try DMR and some of the other options.

I got a DMR id and opened a Brandmeister account. FYI, I now realize that I may have screwed up by putting my 7 digit ID (repeater), instead of my 9 digit ID (hotspot) into the config screen and the Brandmeister SelfCare account.

DMR Gateway, BM 3104. Nothing. I can't make anything happen and I'm not sure where to start looking. Any help will be appreciated.
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Re: Sorry, guys, but I'm lost

Post by M1DNS »

Rptr IDs are six digit, not 7digit.
If you did screw things up only BM can help you. Visit their support page on telegram.

Callsign and ID must match as you have it registered with radioid.net as thats where BM now pull ur info. If you add anything different, attempts to login to their servers will bounce.

Sent via smoke signals from my SM-G935F M1DNS (Admin)

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
AF6VN

Re: Sorry, guys, but I'm lost

Post by AF6VN »

WB5DLI wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:08 am I'm running a Kenwood D74 into a Pi-Star hotspot. I've been using this rig for a few years on DSTAR and recently decided to try DMR and some of the other options.

I got a DMR id and opened a Brandmeister account. FYI, I now realize that I may have screwed up by putting my 7 digit ID (repeater), instead of my 9 digit ID (hotspot) into the config screen and the Brandmeister SelfCare account.

DMR Gateway, BM 3104. Nothing. I can't make anything happen and I'm not sure where to start looking. Any help will be appreciated.
First simplification -- don't use DMR Gateway unless you intend to access multiple DMR networks. Just select the BM server directly and get it working. Add stuff like alternate networks or cross-over modes after you've gotten the base connection functional. Note: Searching BM hotspots (and repeaters) on both your callsign, and on DMR ID (fetched from RadioID) finds NO entries -- are you sure you even configured a node?

Secondly -- unless you have multiple hotspots you don't really need to set an ESSID; you could just run with your personal 7-digit DMR ID (once configured on BM). If you registered on BM using the 7-digit DMR ID, try clearing the ESSID field in the Pi-Star configuration page

--
AF6VN
Dennis L Bieber