DMR2YSF connecting to wrong room

Help with DMR issues
VE6PLC

Re: DMR2YSF connecting to wrong room

Post by VE6PLC »

Thanks for this thread. I am glad to know the problem isn't at my end. After playing around, I found the following:
CanadaLink: 7100119 in radio connects to FCS00117 (down 2)
CanEnglish: 7100284 in radio connects to FCS00280 (down 4)
Alberta: 7100315 in radio connects to FCS00309 (down 6)
Those are the only FCS reflectors that I have programmed in my DMR radios, so I haven't tested any other reflectors to see if the pattern holds for them as well.
AF6VN

Re: DMR2YSF connecting to wrong room

Post by AF6VN »

NU5D wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:27 am Is there a way to use TGrewrite to mask the difference in FCS Numbers ?
If someone has been successful at that, I pray they join in...

I don't have a configuration using rewrite rules, but my understanding is that rewrite rules translate BLOCKS of numbers to a different block of numbers.

FCS does not have fixed numbers, just names. When the Pi-Star software loads the tables, if first loads the known YSF numbers, and then merges in the FCS by assigning unused numbers to them. As a result, any time YSF assigns a formerly unused number, any FCS assignment that had used that number or higher will shift.

If rewrite rules could handle all those FCS entries filling gaps in YSF assignments, you would have to edit the rewrite rules whenever new YSF assignments shift the FCS. Essentially, you still would have to monitor for shifting FCS numbers and make adjustments.

--
AF6VN
Dennis L Bieber