Pi-star not showing up on DV-Mega HotSpot

General support for the Pi-Star System
KI5IZY

Pi-star not showing up on DV-Mega HotSpot

Post by KI5IZY »

I have a DV-Mega hotspot that I purchased two years ago. Recently I lost my WiFi connection so I did a hard hook up to router with an Ethernet cable. I reran angry ip and pi-star would not show up on the ip thread. Anyone else experience this and have any thoughts or suggestions.
AF6VN

Re: Pi-star not showing up on DV-Mega HotSpot

Post by AF6VN »

KI5IZY wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:03 pm I have a DV-Mega hotspot that I purchased two years ago. Recently I lost my WiFi connection so I did a hard hook up to router with an Ethernet cable. I reran angry ip and pi-star would not show up on the ip thread. Anyone else experience this and have any thoughts or suggestions.
Ambiguous: Did the R-Pi WiFi fail, or do you mean you don't have a WiFi access point available. I'm surprised you have a router without WiFi -- that's something from the days of my first DSL service (at the time, the provider wanted to charge extra for each "connection" -- I had to add a switch with "MAC address clone" so the switch would report with my desktop's MAC address to the ISP). With some searching, you can probably locate a WiFi access point that connects to your router via Ethernet cable. For example: https://www.amazon.com/NETGEAR-Wireless ... id=1194486 Wire that to your router...

You really have a router that doesn't provide admin pages showing connected devices? :shock:

Beyond that, my diagnostic approach would be to remove the DV-Mega RF board from the R-Pi. Install a fresh RaspiOS image (maybe using the foundation's "imager" program as I think it offers the chance to pre-configure some options), and verify the R-Pi boots with that image (you might need an HDMI cable&compatible monitor, and USB keyboard/mouse) to run the bare R-PI. If that works, you've at least verified the R-Pi is usable. Can't diagnose beyond that without knowing the full capabilities of your computer, router, etc. {shutdown R-Pi, swap out SD card for original Pi=Star OS, and replace RF board}

--
AF6VN
Dennis L Bieber