Repeater reverting to single slot

Help with DMR issues
F5VMR

Repeater reverting to single slot

Post by F5VMR »

I have just rebuilt pi-star for F5ZLR in France, upgraded to 4.1.6 and installed everything as it was, however at every small subsequent change, the MMDVMHost gets reset to single slot working, despite duplex being the selected option in the configuration.
This reset occurs in the 'General' paragraph and the 'DMR Network paragraph'.

This problem was visible when MMDVMHost was driving the repeater and still occurs now the Gateway is applied.

The download I have used is the current image, and the updates applied.

Any comments please?

Is this a similar situation where the BrandMeister password is being reset to default when I make changes in the other repeater I manage GB7HT?
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Re: Repeater reverting to single slot

Post by M1DNS »

When you make changes using expert. Which you will for a rptr install. Stick with using expert.
If you revert back to using pistar basic config settings it will overwrite whats done in expert.
Config always wins over expert... its written here thoughout the group multiple times.
Once you start to use expert, stick with using expert.

Sent via smoke signals from my SM-G935F M1DNS (Admin)

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
F5VMR

Post by F5VMR »

OK. Understood. But this was occurring using the expert setting.... I'll watch it and see what happens on the eventual site-install. It's off until then - Thanks.
AF6VN

Post by AF6VN »

F5VMR wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 6:07 pm OK. Understood. But this was occurring using the expert setting.... I'll watch it and see what happens on the eventual site-install. It's off until then - Thanks.
All it takes from the base config page is clicking "Apply" -- even with no changes made on the page that will trigger the overwriting of Expert config data.

--
AF6VN
Dennis L Bieber