AURSINC (Amazon) Raspberry Pi Zero W - Ethernet

General support for the Pi-Star System
NO8J

AURSINC (Amazon) Raspberry Pi Zero W - Ethernet

Post by NO8J »

I see that AuRSINC is now distributing their MMDVM Modem and Pi Zero W on Amazon with an Ethernet Adapter. I have one of these modems and am wondering just what is needed to hardwire this modem into an Ethernet port. Does an Ethener to USB adapter just plug into one of the Micro USB connecctors on the Pi Zero - that is power into one and the Ethernet adapter into another? Is a driver required or are there any software settings required in the configuration?

Many Thanks!

73 de NO8J
W1KMC

Re: AURSINC (Amazon) Raspberry Pi Zero W - Ethernet

Post by W1KMC »

It's called an OTG adapter (on-the-Go) -- power always plugs into Far Right (outer side USB Micro) and the OTG plugs into the other one (inner Micro)

I have a few but for a Zero-W which has wireless built in, you lose the compactness ad it has to lay flat -- if you have a screen on it (OLED, you can't stick it on a shelf so you can see it).

The OTG does work BUT if you look at the Config page at the bottom, it will say Interface is Down as it monitors ONLY WiFi (WLAN0), but of course if you are looking at that page , you'd have to be connected to something (unless youare using the AP, when it can't FIND a router/way to the internet (e.g. 192.168.50.1).

Take this info as you will, I am no expert here.
I am no developer, guru, expert, nor do I claim to be or want to be. All advice I give is purely from experience and my efforts to help others.

W1KMC - Kevin M Carman
Bangor, ME
Jumbospot on a Pi0W
DMR 3123142 & 3123143
HHUS Trunk Ext 4329