Formatted a micro SD card

General support for the Pi-Star System
K0TU

Formatted a micro SD card

Post by K0TU »

I formatted my SD card by mistake. I've downloaded the pi-star image and using etcher flashed it to the SD card. I also used the WiFi builder and dropped that file in the boot section. My jumbo spot will not load. Am I missing a step? I think raspberry os is missing, and I don't know where to get it. I do have another functional SD card but not sure what to use to clone that card onto the nonfunctional SD card. Etcher will not let me clone from SD to windows, then from windows to the non functioning SD card. Possibly the micro SD card is bad.

Any ideas or advice will be appreciated.
Joel K0TU
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Re: Formatted a micro SD card

Post by M1DNS »

the image includes the OS, plus all the software, scripts etc. that make up pistar.

Reburn the image, include the wpa wifi builder config, put the card in the pi, power up and wait.

Wait 10mins for pistar expand to do its thing. A lot of users dont wait for expand. They simply think the hotspot is doing nothing, pull pwr, thinking a reboot might makegood. then are left with a corrupted card because they killed the expand process whilst it was half way done.

When its done you should see the pi in the list of connected devices in ur router. If not grab ur phone and search for wifi hotspot. If you see pistar setup as a wifi access point then theres something wrong with the entries you made in wifi builder.

At this point visit the FAQ page in this forum and follow the how to use pistar wifi setup.

Sent via smoke signals from my SM-G935F M1DNS (Admin)

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.