BrandMeister and tgim dmr network passwors

Help with DMR issues
W4IND

BrandMeister and tgim dmr network passwors

Post by W4IND »

I added the tgif dmr network to my hotspot in addition to BrandMeister. Put the Brandmeister password in the pi-star DMR config BM hotspot security and DMR Mode and Neetwork Status are green on admin page. DMR Repeater field DMR Master shows Bm and tgif. All programmed cannels work on BM, parrot works on tgif. Tgif tg 31655 requires a security password. I got the password from tgif.net my profile. My question is where do I apply it.
Kelton W4IND
W0CHP

Re: BrandMeister and tgim dmr network passwors

Post by W0CHP »

In your DMRGateway config. My example below, using the expert quick editor for DMRGateway:
VE3RD

Re: BrandMeister and tgif dmr network passwors

Post by VE3RD »

I really wish people that posted DMRGateway stuff like that above would specify whether or not they are running simplex or duplex hotspots as the configuration is totally different. Most of the rules posted will work fine on a duplex hotspot but not on a simplex hotspot
If you see the TS1 Disabled in the lower left side of your Pi-Star Dashboard, then you are in simplex mode and any rules involving TS1 will not work.

The TGIF parrot on 9990 is a Group Call, not a Private Call so any private call rules to 9990 will not work.

The TypeRewrite rules for 9990 will not work for the same reason
The SrcRewrite2 rule will not work for the same reason

The posted SrcRewrite4 will handle all private calls received and send them to the requisite group call. However the following rule will
work slightly differently
SrcRewrite=2,1,2,YourCallSign,999999
Replace YourCallSign with the call sign or digital ID in your radio. This will send any received Private Call directly to the radio regardless of what TalkGroup it is using.
W0CHP

Re: BrandMeister and tgif dmr network passwors

Post by W0CHP »

VE3RD wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 12:04 pm I really wish people that posted DMRGateway stuff like that above would specify whether or not they are running simplex or duplex hotspots as the configuration is totally different. [...]
Read the OP's question...again. I then showed him where to place his password.

Your diatribe was not germane to, well, anything.