Pistar wont update

General support for the Pi-Star System
N9UMJ

Pistar wont update

Post by N9UMJ »

It seems my pistar dashboard won't update, I have it running with a ZUM board MMDVM Repeater and RPI 3 B+ the firmware version of pistar is v4.1.6

has anyone else experience this and is there a solution short of creating a new pistar image?

Thanks n9umj
KN2TOD

Re: Pistar wont update

Post by KN2TOD »

The latest "software" version of Pi-Star *IS* 4.1.6 , dated 20221011.

If your Pi-Star installation has been connected to the Internet on a regular basis, you should be up-to-date.

If not, you can manually run an update: Config --> Update from the Admin dashboard.
N9UMJ

Post by N9UMJ »

Thanks for the reply..............The pi and pistar have been connected to the internet and running continuous for 5 years and not had an issues until now with this site, The pi was upgraded last year to a pi3 B+ the ZUM MMDVM Board war upgraded last year also and running the latest fw version, I have 4 other repeaters that are running and updating manually every night, This is the only that indicated and error with the pistar dashboard not updating and indicating a corruption with the dashboard as per the screenshot I sent. file var/dashboard.git/5a/a194df3dfc921fcc6604bbda32268f4a624ce is corrupt as well as other files in /var/dashboard being loose or empty.
I've not seen this error on any of the other repeaters?

73 N9umj
AF4FA

Post by AF4FA »

If you get error issues with git failing to update your pistar system files, it will always be that the checksum of a file/s has changed in either /usr/local/bin or /usr/local/sbin or /var/www/dashboard

It is caused by the file system having been put back into read/write (rpi-rw) and your pi suffers a loss of power while a file is being accessed or if you happen to edit files in those directories.

Here is how to resolve this problem..
You will need to change to the directory that is having the issue (one of the three mentioned above)
example--> cd /usr/local/bin
then type in...
rpi-rw
sudo git stash

If you have to tell git who you are. the syntax for doing this is printed on the screen so copy & paste with your name and email, once done you repeat the sudo git stash.

You'll see some text printed on screen. Then you can...

sudo git pull

This will pull down the current commit and update it, it wouldn't hurt to run an update once you have fixed the git conflict just to ensure that you have actually fixed it!