MMDVMCAL <speed> <port>?

General support for the Pi-Star System
K9OJ

MMDVMCAL <speed> <port>?

Post by K9OJ »

I'm trying to run pistar-mmdvmcal and get a "usage mmdvmcal <speed> <port>" error and it doesn't run.

What is the format for the <port> parameter?

What would the speed be for an MMDVM_HS_HAT?

Thanks in advance for the help,

Rob K9OJ
K9OJ

Re: MMDVMCAL <speed> <port>?

Post by K9OJ »

I was able to get MMDVMCal working with "sudo MMDVMCal 115200 /dev/ttyAMA0"

"115200" is the modem speed set in pi-star: configuration/expert/MMDVM_Host
"/dev/ttyAMA0" is the modem serial port which is also listed in: configuration/expert/MMDVM_Host
K9OJ

Post by K9OJ »

I could not get the pistar version of MMDVMCal working. The command "sudo pistar-mmdvmcal 115200 /dev/ttyAMA0" just showed "Finnished..." when run but "sudo MMDVMCal 115200 /dev/ttyAMA0" did work.
G8SEZ

Post by G8SEZ »

K9OJ wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 12:22 pm I could not get the pistar version of MMDVMCal working. The command "sudo pistar-mmdvmcal 115200 /dev/ttyAMA0" just showed "Finnished..." when run but "sudo MMDVMCal 115200 /dev/ttyAMA0" did work.
As Pi-Star is based on Linux the commands need to be in the correct case. You probably know that, I'm just mentioning it for completeness.

MMDVMCal is found in /usr/local/bin and is a binary executable, it should be called from the script pistar-mmdvmcal which is found in /usr/local/sbin on the Pi-Star installation.

The script file finds the modem using the running mmdvmhost process (that means it must be properly configured), it then shuts down the various services and commences a modem calibration, at this point it will output:

Starting Calibration...

and will run MMDVMCal with the correct arguments but it does this twice with the first invocation being stopped after 3 seconds. After the 2nd invocation has run and completed you will see:

Starting Pi-Star Services...

and then once those are started it will output:

Finnished...

and go back to a command prompt.

Yes, there are a couple of typos in the script, I will probably drop Andy a patch to fix them up.
--

Brian G8SEZ