Pi-star admin/configuration page

General support for the Pi-Star System
KK7IAA

Re: Pi-star admin/configuration page

Post by KK7IAA »

Thank you all for trying to help with this.

I got my hotspot working.

Here is what I did.

I got the new card today and used Raspberry pi imager, I wrote the correct image on to it with the wifi builder file. I was finally able to get into Pi-star

I got it all configured and I am able to be on DMR again.

Now I am not sure how to close this thread.
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by M1DNS »

G8SEZ wrote:
KK7IAA wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:21 pm
M1DNS wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:00 am The pistar image sits at just below 1.8gb.

so unless ur running a smaller than 2gb card there shouldnt be an issue also bearing in mind its difficult to buy a sd card lower than 4gb these days, so agn. Card size Shouldnt be an issue.

If the sd card is showing low on space try using the pistar-expand command which will expand the image partition to use all available space on the card.

Sent via smoke signals from my SM-G935F M1DNS (Admin)
The reason there is no space is the Raspberry pi os installed has taken up all the space on an 8g sd card. I am working on trying just the image I downloaded from Pi star. So we will see
It will expand the partition to the whole card on first boot, but it's not actually full unless you have some log files that have filled it.
Yes, i know that..
But that has only been a feature since 4.1.0

If hes using an older 'out of date image' (which many users still seem todo Image) you need run the command yourself.

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
G8SEZ

Post by G8SEZ »

M1DNS wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:58 am
It will expand the partition to the whole card on first boot, but it's not actually full unless you have some log files that have filled it.
Yes, i know that..
But that has only been a feature since 4.1.0

If hes using an older 'out of date image' (which many users still seem todo Image) you need run the command yourself.

[/quote]

OK, and yes I know that you know.

I thought that the OP had mentioned using a recent image, but perhaps I was mistaken.

Pleased to see it's fixed now.
--

Brian G8SEZ
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by M1DNS »

KK7IAA wrote:

Now I am not sure how to close this thread.

There is no need to close out the thread.
(Although i can do so if you really want it closed out)
Unless someone else posts to it, it will slowly work its way down the stack as new questions come on, pushing it down the list.

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
KK7IAA

Post by KK7IAA »

To reply to the comment about an old image. It very well may have been. I downloaded it from the list of image downloads. after It was up and running, we did an update from Pi star and all is well with the world now. :D