Feature Request

General support for the Pi-Star System
M0ZPU

Feature Request

Post by M0ZPU »

As a repeater keeper of a multimode machine, the biggest gripe/complaint from users is that "xyz repeater is always in a certain mode", and when I look at the dashboard, someone had connected it to a busy reflector, then never actually transmitted into that reflector, ie: hooked it up and cleared off, or used our wide area community repeater as a personal listening spot.

Short of getting aggressive with the timeouts - setting net timeout to 1, which would allow people to use it on other modes, I'd like to see the function where the repeater can drop off a reflector after a preset time if there is no local RF activity which is using that reflector.

A classic case is a user connecting to DSTAR REF030C then never actually putting a call through it, and that being busy means the repeater was stuck in DSTAR mode for most of the day, and DMR & P25 users were unable to use it.

I have tried education, but it's easier to herd cats.

For now, net timeout it set to 3, hoping people leave reasonable gaps in their transmissions.

Some say "well, disconnect it yourself"... I'm not omni-present, I have 24 repeaters/systems to look after, so can't be everywhere at once, I try, but often fail miserably.

On my analogue boxes running AllStar I can make them do things if there is no local activity, just asking for something similar on the digital side.

Comments always welcome.

Rob
M0ZPU
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Re: Feature Request

Post by M1DNS »

Dropping a DSTAR connected repeater back to a default reflector or back to notlinked?

Is that what ur asking for?
If so you can do that as
Ircddbgateway already has a setup for this.
It drops the connection back to NONE or ur default reflector after a preset 5, 10, 15, 30 or 60 mins after the last 'heard' local keyup.

Its also possible to do this in YSF gateway also.

DMR not so, as the link is 'controlled' by the server.

Sent via smoke signals from my SM-G935F M1DNS (Admin)

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.