Nextion Editor Won't load some files.

All things relating to the Nextion Screen(s)
NJ5W

Nextion Editor Won't load some files.

Post by NJ5W »

Has anyone else run into a problem with Nextion Editor not loading HMI files and stating that they are "Wrong resource file or resource file has been damaged?" I have several simplex files that load fine but for some reason not the duplex. As a newbie I have no idea why so looking for a HMI file for duplex that Nextion Editor will load. Any help appreciated.
Thanks
KY6O

Re: Nextion Editor Won't load some files.

Post by KY6O »

I've had this happen to me quite often. The Nextion editor was updated a while ago, and lots of the available HMI images which were created with the "old" editor have some significant coding differences, and many of them won't load for me, either. There is a active Facebook group dedicated to Nextion DMR screens, but I don't use FaceBook ;)

I'm new at Nextion myself, so I wouldn't have a clue about how to fix these errors.
KI5NYZ

Post by KI5NYZ »

I am using the PD0DIB Model 10 2.4" Duplex file that works fine other than the touchscreen buttons for shutdown and reboot will indicate on-screen they are pressed, but will not make the Pi do anything.

https://github.com/PD0DIB/Nextion_HAM-radio-screens
KC5BOD

Post by KC5BOD »

If you HMI files were devloped on the 0.53 or earlier version of the editor you must use the Nextion Editor LTS

The newest version is the Nextion Editor ver 1.65.0. if you use this editor on older HMI files you run into the file might be damaged error.