DVAP Setup

DVAP Red Dongle
K2IE

DVAP Setup

Post by K2IE »

I just setup my 2m DVAP with Pi-Star and note that the DVAP setup did not work without requiring several additional settings. I have not seen these documented elsewhere, so I share them here for your convenience.

In the Configuration GUI:

Controller Software: DStarRepeater
Radio/Modem Type: DVAP (USB)
Controller Mode: Simplex

However, this is not enough for the DVAP to communicate out over the gateway. Next, enter the Expert Editors screen. Select quick edit DStarRepeater and very carefully:

Change Mode from 0 to 1.
Change rpt1Validation from 1 to 0 (doesn't require RPT1 value in radio to use DVAP).

Apply Changes and then quick edit ircDDBGateway. Very carefully:

Change gatewayType from 0 to 1.

Perhaps the Pi-Star team would consider having these fields populated as above when selecting a Radio/Modem Type of DVAP.

HB9ETR

Re: DVAP Setup

Post by HB9ETR »

I recommend updating the dvap FW to v 1.07

Where is the updater?
N7HHI

Post by N7HHI »

ct1dvm wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:05 am
HB9ETR wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:29 pm I recommend updating the dvap FW to v 1.07

Where is the updater?
If you updated as you would to then recommend, then you will already have the updater on your PC.
I don't understand your reply.
I don't know where to find the dvap FW v 1.07
Scott - N7HHI
N7HHI

Post by N7HHI »

ct1dvm wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:44 am How can you recommend something you have not tried ?
I am confused Luis, the only one that recommended updating dvap FW to v 1.07 was you on your post of Sun Sep 16, 2018.

Who are you asking "How can you recommend something you have not tried" ?
Scott - N7HHI
N7HHI

Post by N7HHI »

HB9ETR was quoting you from the post right above his post. He asked where to find the FW that you recommended.
Scott - N7HHI
KA8DJN

Post by KA8DJN »

I was wondering if there have been any changes in using the DVAP with pi-star. I am using pi version:4.1.4 and have made the changes in the edit area as indicated on this page.

My DVAP is up to date as well.

What I have noticed is that whenever I do an update on my pi-star the rptValidation resorts back to 1.

I have saved it as recommended but the update changes it again and I loose the link to my DStar reflector.

I would appreciate and assistance in this issue.

By the way my 5100 is automatically announcing my call as it is set up now with the DVAP. All my gps settings are off. I'm baffled on that one also.

Thanks

Dave
KA8DJN
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by M1DNS »

Whilst still in use today, Dstarrepeater is a legacy software seeing little additional work, as is the dvap platform.
You might want to purchase an mmdvm modem that will benefit you with the options in using mmdvmhost instead.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
K2IE

Post by K2IE »

Is that your only problem? Is dstarrepeater otherwise working fine under Pi-Star?
KA8DJN wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 4:22 pm What I have noticed is that whenever I do an update on my pi-star the rptValidation resorts back to 1.
I use dstarrepeater and ircddbgateway regularly with my DVAPs using the native G4KLX code. They are still fully supported. So that is an option, However, if your only issue using dstarrepeater with Pi-Star is that the Pi-Star menuing system is changing your setting of rptValidation, that is a Pi-Star issue that ought to be easily fixed by Andy.

K7mhi

Post by K7mhi »

did this functionality die?

E: 2023-01-19 23:48:29: Cannot open device - /dev/ttyUSB0
E: 2023-01-19 23:48:29: Cannot open the D-Star modem