It seems that I can send but I cannot receive

MMDVM_HS Hat hardware
M7SCF

It seems that I can send but I cannot receive

Post by M7SCF »

Videos + screenshots here:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/6ZS9uQoL443quWRj9

It looks like my set-up is *mostly* working. My device (Anytone 878) can see the PiStar, which is running on a rPI2. I can see the screen confirm when I press the PTT button, everything looks right including the channel number & slot.

When I connect up to the parrot channel I can see that it's streaming some audio, but I never hear anything back. Can anybody suggest what might be going wrong here?
G4FDL

Re: It seems that I can send but I cannot receive

Post by G4FDL »

You need to set Hotspot Security. There are lots of posts with instructions.
K0AMY

Post by K0AMY »

Did setting Hotspot SEcurity solve your problem? Seems like Brandmeister said not to do that, so I'm curious.
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by M1DNS »

There are two types of security.

Hotspot security which is the requirement for you to set up your own personal hotspot password to log in to a BM server. The passcode is entered in both ur selfcare acc. and ur pistar DMR config and both much match up identical.

And...

BM Air security which you can set in ur selfcare acc. When active it prevents anyone logging onto the server and trying to identify as you. Air security locks out any attempt to connect and will refuse all connection attempts by ur callsign / ID to connect. You need ensure its off when you want to make use of ur hotspot and connect to them.

But neither of these would cause the issue of the threads title here. If the passcode is not set /incorrect or if air security is active youll neither rx or tx any signal to /from BM.

Sent via smoke signals from my SM-G935F M1DNS (Admin)

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
kc7ve

Post by kc7ve »

G4FDL wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 3:59 pm You need to set Hotspot Security. There are lots of posts with instructions.
I had something similar. The gateway activity could see my activity but no other activity. And I could use the echo function but I never heard my audio. My problem was solved when I noticed I didn't have a Master set. Once I set that, everything worked. Master is set on configuration page.
Amateur Radio 40+ years
USMC 1963-1967