Pi-Star Firewall Ports

All IP networking related issues
KB1TAE

Pi-Star Firewall Ports

Post by KB1TAE »

Does Anyone have a list of Ports that Pi-star Uses, I have an enterprise router at home and UPnP is not an option and since switching to the secure firewall my pi-start is Kaput !!!!

Please and thanks
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Re: Pi-Star Firewall Ports

Post by M1DNS »

Unless ur looking at accepting inbound connections then you shouldnt need to add any.

Sent via smoke signals from my SM-G935F M1DNS (Admin)

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
KB1TAE

Post by KB1TAE »

That is not true with an enterprise-class Router, Upnp is not an option, on my router. I did Look at the config File and tried a few thing But i was not sucessfull
G4FDL

Post by G4FDL »

Upnp is not needed for normal home hotspot use as no inbound rules are required. For standard use Pi-Star will initiate all communications with outbound connections that will be handled by the routers "related" inbound rule.

You may need to engage an enterprise-class Router certified engineer to analyse the enterprise-class Router logs to determine the issue.
NQ4T

Post by NQ4T »

I believe only one specific type of D-Star reflector requires a port forward. Other than that, as stated, everything is outbound and stateful firewall rules (which your "enterprise grade" router/firewall will support) will handle things.

I have UPnP disabled on my router and haven't had issues with DMR or YSF.