No Data ?

Help with YSF / Fusion issues
zl1cts

No Data ?

Post by zl1cts »

Hi All

I did do a quick look through the forum and on the www, but didnt find an answer.

I have an FTM400 and would like to use the category function to store 'rooms' etc..
but all the rooms I connect to through pi-star hot spot I get the 'No data' in a red box, is this something I need to configure to get the data from the node(s) to enable me to store it in the category list? or is it only through a 'real' fusion repeater or Hri box that this function will work?

would be nice to have working just for convienence and fewer button presses while in the car.

thanks all

Cliff
ZL1CTS
AE5JO

Re: No Data ?

Post by AE5JO »

I'm get the feeling there is something specific to the 400. I see the pi-star driven device transmitting a reply but my 400 shows "No Data". My FT2 works when searching and such.
zl1cts

Post by zl1cts »

My 400 works fine, I can see all the fusion rooms, I can talk and be heard through all my host spots, its just the No Data, which means I cant add them to a category, but apart from that it all works great

Cliff
n3jf

Post by n3jf »

Is there a solution to this? It's New Year's Eve, 2022, and my FTM-400DR still reports "No Data" when connecting to a YSF room via a hotspot using the latest pi-star release.

My FT5DR displays the YSF room data which allows me to add the room to a category, but the FTM-400DR displays "No Data" after connecting to the same room and therefore I can't save the room in a category.

The radio is using the latest firmware from Yaesu.
zl1cts

Post by zl1cts »

Yes the solution is there is no solution, YSF and Wires-x are different systems, if you connect to a real wires-x system you wont get the 'no data'

so basically if you want full functionality you'll have to connect to wires-x enabled repeater, or buy an HRI-200 and a separate radio. or if you want to connect to wires-x rooms, connect the radio to a computer and use the wires x software

you wont be able to save YSF reflectors to the favorite's in the radio, only wires -x rooms

happy new year for 2023

Cliff
n3jf

Post by n3jf »

Strange that it is different for the FTM-400XDR vs the FT5DR. Oh well! Not many repeaters near me that allow switching YSF rooms, and I don't have a spare computer and spare C4FM radio to dedicate to WIRESX.

Thanks for your reply.
2e0mtp

Post by 2e0mtp »

I have exactly the same problem with ftm-400 and pi-star hotspot. But when I use the same radio with openspot3 everything works spot on. I used to have some other problems with pi-star and 991a and ft5d (no data when searching for specific pattern). None of them are present in my openspot. I am curious what is used in openspot and why it can't be done in pi-star ...