New radio: 'Repeater not found

Help with DMR issues
kc7ve

New radio: 'Repeater not found

Post by kc7ve »

I have just switched radios for my hotspot. I'm now using a 6x2 from BTech. I've only programmed a couple channels, TG91 and TG9990 (echo). But I'm getting "Repeater not found" errors when I key up. My new radio is not being received by the hotspot. If I bring up the TG using my other radio, I then can hear the hot spot on the 6X2 radio. So it's not frequency or anything like that.

I have already googled this and see that most answers are it's something to do with using wrong color codes or slots. Well it's not. I have tried every combination of CC and slots. And on my other radios I use cc=1 and both slots 1 and two, for my Duplex hotspot and they work just fine.

It's just a transmit issue. By transmit, I mean the HS is just ignoring my signal. I did turn on one of my analog radios and I can hear the digital transmission.

There must be some other setup parameter I'm missing. One other thing. The echo TG worked when I first tried it. I manually programmed the echo group and it worked. I wanted to see how hard it might be to progeam manually. But every time I changed channels, I had to re-Select the talk group. So that's when I decided to use the SW. The problem started when I went to SW. I also made a copy of my original codeplug but can't see why it's not working now.

Suggestions?

BTW, I have a screenshot of both codeplugs for the channels and settings look the same as on the MD-430. But I tried attaching them but the forum won't post them. Ill try to load them to a server.

Amateur Radio 40+ years
USMC 1963-1967
kc7ve

Re: New radio: 'Repeater not found

Post by kc7ve »

Solved: Took me all day but I found the solution. It wasn't obvious by looking at the individual channel setup page but it became clear when I looked at the page that shows all channels. My screen was too small and I didn't notice one field past contact. There is a RadioID field. You can see it on the set-up page. Contact needs the TG and the RadioID needs to be my radioID.

Now it works fine. Now I like the radio. This morning I hated it. :)

[UPDATE]Almost Solved ;)
Spoke a little too soon. Everything works except the Parrot talkgroup. My transmission makes it to the pistar and I can see my call on the dashboard but the echo back is not showing and I don't hear my voice echoed back. My other radio works fine. Still looking for the setting that is blocking the return path from coming back through the pistar.

UPDATE 3]
This is driving Mr nuts. I've tested my other TGs and they work fine both ways. But Parrot will only show my transmission on the gateway activity screen. It will not play back my audio. I never see the incoming 9990 traffic on my activity screen.

I have the old radio programmed with the same channel info and if I test TG9990 with that radio I can hear the 9990 reply on that radio but not the new radio.

All of my channels are programmed with the same settings with the exception of the target sight. The only difference is I had the 9990 on slot 2 but I tried it on slot 1 and it made no difference. I'm at a loss as to why only that channel won't work

[UPDATE 4] Finally Solved]

I thought the channels were identical but did a slow check and found the Parrot channel was programmed as a Group call. I changed it to private and it started working.

Tada! Echo must be Private
Amateur Radio 40+ years
USMC 1963-1967