Is T mobile Home Internet a problem?

Help with D-Star related issues
K4SOW

Is T mobile Home Internet a problem?

Post by K4SOW »

My little hotspot has worked fairly well for a good while with very few BER rates showing and signal loss was fine... I have made some changes to my home internet by adding a wired router to my gateway and using a wifi to wired ethernet adapter to the mix... Now I'm getting a lot of loss. Still low BER but loss on traffic generally 20 to 40 % but sometimes as high as 80%...
I need the wired ethernet to run a Flex radio. I've heard reports of TMHI causing various problems with changing IP addresses of the gateway... Could this be my problem?
AF6VN

Re: Is T mobile Home Internet a problem?

Post by AF6VN »

K4SOW wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:32 am My little hotspot has worked fairly well for a good while with very few BER rates showing and signal loss was fine... I have made some changes to my home internet by adding a wired router to my gateway and using a wifi to wired ethernet adapter to the mix... Now I'm getting a lot of loss. Still low BER but loss on traffic generally 20 to 40 % but sometimes as high as 80%...
I need the wired ethernet to run a Flex radio. I've heard reports of TMHI causing various problems with changing IP addresses of the gateway... Could this be my problem?
Using a router<>router connection (the gateway should be a router on its own right) means it is giving a LAN IP address to the next router, and that may be assigning another LAN IP address to the WiFi node (which also acts as a router, giving IP addresses to WiFi clients) could cause problems. Especially if each is assigning IP addresses from the same pool! (192.168.x.y, where x is the same value on all three). You either need to ensure that each x is different (101, 102, 103, perhaps) OR that the internal routers are operating in a pass-through mode where all requests for IP addresses get passed up to the gateway node.

As for gateway changing IP address -- that would be the WAN side address any you'd have to log into its control panel to check the WAN IP address it is using.

--
AF6VN
Dennis L Bieber