Oh dear think I may be in the wrong house !!

Help with D-Star related issues
G8CVF

Oh dear think I may be in the wrong house !!

Post by G8CVF »

Hi thanks for dropping in please don't yell if this is nothing to do with D Star but in a way it is cos I'm in the early stage and want to get going.

Bought myself an Ailunce HD1 but included in the box was the BIGGEST headache ever. The TX is fine but thought I'd interface it to my computer and this is where the fun started 3 hours ago, and I have tried it on another laptop and it's the same. This problem should go to Ailunce but I understand their after-sales support is very slow and poor so here I am.

Trying to fill in the software program is a joke, example - try to fill ANY part of the software with a letter is a no no, numbers are fine, try a different keyboard a USB, no difference, try the On Screen keyboard is the same problem - letters will just not print.

I'm in my 80's so please forgive me for 'avin a go. If you can suggest where I might put this message (????) brilliant.

If you can help you go to the top of my Christmas card list. THANKS. Peter G8CVF
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Re: Oh dear think I may be in the wrong house !!

Post by M1DNS »

The HD1 is a DMR radio, not a DSTAR radio.

If your trying to add ur callsign ( ie no letters) thats prob. because the radio expects to see a 7digit DMR ID.

If its not the callsign ur referencing, then which field is it ur trying to fill in?

Sent via smoke signals from my SM-G935F M1DNS (Admin)

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
G8CVF

Re: Oh dear think I may be in the wrong house !!

Post by G8CVF »

Hi Andrew thank you pleased to have your response.

Of course I was not going to go into the 'works' and say how I was going to get into DStar to avoid waffle but of course it will accessed via a Hotspot.

Thanks again P....