Pi-Star/Zum Spot connectivity To DAPnet

Here is where you can get help with using and setting up POCSAG and related topics
G6JEF

Pi-Star/Zum Spot connectivity To DAPnet

Post by G6JEF » Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:26 am

I realise this subject will have been covered many time before and I have done a search for information only to find old info, out of date links etc and have come to a bit of a dead end. In fact the link at the top of this board index is knackered....... Takes you to Facebook only to find that the info is no longer available.
My problem is that I am unable to get my hotspot to communicate with my Alphapoc pager and for my transmitter to show up as online with DAPnet, this is despite entering all relative information into my pi-star configuration.
I can send messages to other pagers via the web but test messages to my own never land, presumably because my pi-star/hotspot can't communicaet with my pager and before opening a ticket with DAPnet I thought I would find out if this is a common problem and if anyone has had similar issues, how you had overcome them.
At this stage I don't particularly want to get into the scenario of "have you set this" , "have you set that" as myself and two friends spent 3 hors the other night trying all the usual. What would be cool is if someone has been in the same situation and come up with a lightbulb moment to get your hotspot talking to the network and your pager ?

Cheers, Steve G6JEF

G6JEF

Re: Pi-Star/Zum Spot connectivity To DAPnet

Post by G6JEF » Thu Mar 02, 2023 8:51 pm

An update to this post is that as of 4.39pm this afternoon my transmitter suddenly came online and and is working as it should so what was going on there god only knows but thankful for it.