What changes on Configuration Page do and do not impact the Expert:Full Edit script?

Help with DMR issues
KK4GMU

What changes on Configuration Page do and do not impact the Expert:Full Edit script?

Post by KK4GMU »

I understand that, generally speaking, users must use EITHER the Configuration Page OR the Full Edit, but not intersperse settings.

Some posts indicating that "some" changes may be made to the Config page without destroying the Full Edit script. My experience so far is that ANY change, especially the following, will screw up, change, or nullify the Full Edit page:

MMMDVMHost config: Any change. I tried changing Hangtime, and that screws things up.

DMR Config: Adding 01 to ESSID. Changing the BrandMeister Master from Europe to US.

Are there any Configuration Page settings that do NOT nullify or screw up the FULL EDIT script?
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Re: What changes on Configuration Page do and do not impact the Expert:Full Edit script?

Post by M1DNS »

Once you start using expert, stick with using expert.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
KN2TOD

Re: What changes on Configuration Page do and do not impact the Expert:Full Edit script?

Post by KN2TOD »

If you're up for it, and are comfortable working at the command line level, you can do the following:

- back-up your current configuration

- make changes via the config or full-edit process, whichever

- back up that config

- compare the two configs and note the differences, making the necessary corrections/adjustments accordingly.

Use the following script to make the comparisons:

Code: Select all

#!/bin/bash
# Compare Pi-Star configuration files
#    arg 1:   new config
#    arg 2:   old config
#
echo     '============================' $(date) '=============================='

dir1='/tmp/config1'
dir2='/tmp/config2'

sudo rm -rf $dir1
sudo rm -rf $dir2

sudo mkdir $dir1
sudo mkdir $dir2

sudo unzip -q ${1}.zip -d $dir1
sudo unzip -q ${2}.zip -d $dir2

echo     '========================================================================================'
for file in $(ls $dir1)
  do
    echo "(${1} <-> ${2}: " $file
    diff -y --suppress-common-lines --strip-trailing-cr --ignore-trailing-space $dir1/$file $dir2/$file
#   diff -y --suppress-common-lines --strip-trailing-cr $dir1/$file $dir2/$file
    echo '========================================================================================'
  done

sudo rm -rf $dir1
sudo rm -rf $dir2
KK6RQ

Post by KK6RQ »

Wow. Nice to hear of this slightly IMPERATIVE issue after some 5 YEARS of using Pi-Star.... Is there any mention of this in the instructions..? (I wondered why small changes on the Config page were totally corrupting my setup...good thing I do frequent backups...).

-Bob
KK6RQ