DMR & YSF together

Help with DMR issues
kd2wir

DMR & YSF together

Post by kd2wir »

I've got a DMR radio (878HT), and want to setup pi-star to do DMR (connect to Talkgroups) and (connect to YSF reflectors) simultaneously?

Let's say I have a zone full of pure DMR channels and a zone full of YSF reflector channels. Can I just switch zones and not have to reconfigure the mmdvm?

NOTE: I can do DMR standalone and DMR2YSF standalone, but would like both simultaneously.

Comments on the Facebook Group have mentioned using DMRGateway as opposed to DMR2YSF....but then the suggestions stop there. Could someone post a screenshot of their configuration and then Dashboard pages?

I'm not interested in any other modes for this exercise and only use Brandmeister for now,

Thanks in advance.
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Re: DMR & YSF together

Post by M1DNS »

Dmrgateway is used to simultaneously connect to multiple DMR networks.

You only need to run DMR and DMR2YSF modes active.

Just remember whilst they are both active youll only be monotoring one or the other at any one time. If ur DMR tg is active youll hear that. If you have DMR2YSF active youll hear that traffic.

Sent via smoke signals from my SM-G935F M1DNS (Admin)

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
kd2wir

Post by kd2wir »

M1DNS,

Can I achieve this though "basic" DMRGateway, or do I need to use "DMRGateway-4". What's the difference between the two.....documentation is minimal for "...-4". I've been working with a "...-4" image that was recommended to me, but I'm having no luck setting it up. Maybe I should try basic first.

Any recommendations?

Frank
KD2WIR
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by M1DNS »

You can do this with a basic config. You dont need use dmrgateway unless you want to access multiple dmr networks, and you def. dont require additional offerings like dmrgw4.

Sent via smoke signals from my SM-G935F M1DNS (Admin)

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.