Nano Pi Neo Update Issue

Help with FriendlyArm Nano Pi Neo / Neo Air
K9JTV

Nano Pi Neo Update Issue

Post by K9JTV »

When running sudo apt update I get to the following:

Ign http://mirrordirector.raspbian.org jessie/rpi Translation-en
31% [Working]

Then it just stops and never goes any further. Tried multiple times, rebooted, same result every time. Problem with the mirror or my system?

TIA,
-Jeff, K9JTV
KB1IEE

Re: Nano Pi Neo Update Issue

Post by KB1IEE »

'Jessie' has been deprecated and I do not believe it is on the raspbian mirror.

Depending on what you are trying to do, this may be a prime time to upgrade from Jessie to something more current.
K9JTV

Post by K9JTV »

KB1IEE wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 3:27 pm 'Jessie' has been deprecated and I do not believe it is on the raspbian mirror.

Depending on what you are trying to do, this may be a prime time to upgrade from Jessie to something more current.
Problem is I wouldn't know how to upgrade the OS and it still work on Pi-Star. Are you saying that Pi-Star needs to update their OS for the NanoPi?

-Jeff
WG4USA

Post by WG4USA »

web search shows the following, make sure you copy the sd card before upgrading, just in case

https://duckduckgo.com/?t=lm&q=update+r ... ter&ia=web
KN2TOD

Post by KN2TOD »

Be careful: upgrades from prior versions of Raspbian are not/never smooth. With the upgrades come new versions of components like Nginx, PHP,/FPM and Python. An upgrade to Bullseye, for example, removes Python 2 and installs Python 3 - Pi-Star's python programs error out on Python 3. Expect to tweak and test, tweak and test if you do convert.