New Pi3 with dual-hat MMDVM issue into BM

Help with DMR issues
G7OJA

New Pi3 with dual-hat MMDVM issue into BM

Post by G7OJA »

Hi. Am trying to sort out a replacement pi 3B with a new Dual Hat MMDVM for a friend (The mmdvm seems to be the 'usual' Chinese version of the "MMDVM_HS_Dual_Hat DB9MAT DF2ET DO7EN Revision 1.3").

New install of pi-star and selected appropriate dual hat GPIO mmdvm modem selection.

Have set it up to connect to RAYNET DMR server and that works fine, using split RX/TX frequencies on the mmdvm config in pi-star (mmdvm RX's on 434.0 and TX's on 438.8).

BUT, I just cannot seem to get it to connect with Brandmeister at all ... I've created new device and API key and when I use the "Get IP" address feature on BM site, that works and does come back with my external IP address okay (only when the hotspot is turned on, just to clarify!). BM is not seeing the device connected though.

I've tried to research the problem on this forum and others, but only thing I seem to see refers to a jumper on the mmdvm itself may need tying to ground when the board is used with a pi. Not found any photos of anyone's mmdvm where they've done this, and it's not exactly clear exactly which pins I might need to jumper either. I've also seen mention of issues within the BM device config, whereby if you change between simplex and dual freq' then BM gets confused and won't then let you connect?

I'm happy BM hotspot password is correct, as if I hook-up this chap's old pi-zero and simplex mmdvm, I can see that connect to BM okay and use it. [The old pi-zero is verrry slow and we're not convinced the rx/tx side of old mmdvm is working all the time either, hence replacing both the pi and the mmdvm]. The old kit has same DMR ID, but ESSID 01, whilst new kit is ESSID 02. Both are listed in BM but only ESSID 01 device ever gets listed.

I'm somewhat puzzled now, as I usually find that once I've configured a pi/mmddvm and got it working on RAYNET DMR, it's then just a few more steps to get it working on BM (given the user has an account and device registered/API key and simple password assigned).

I'm open to any suggestions and happy to post a password-redacted pistar config here if it might help.

Many thanks in anticipation.
73's de Paul / G7OJA
G7OJA

Re: New Pi3 with dual-hat MMDVM issue into BM

Post by G7OJA »

Just found this in the device log section of BM site:

ID Date Master Message
234740002 2023-04-20 14:22:31 2341 Script Engine: Repeater ID 234740002 has wrong configuration (86.139.75.218)

am going to try deleting and re-adding the device ...