DVMega is "deaf" to GM/X command

Help with YSF / Fusion issues
K5RPM

DVMega is "deaf" to GM/X command

Post by K5RPM »

I have a new Yaesu FT5DR and have set up my DVMEGA dual-band hotspot. I can successfully get into any room that I define on the hotspot configuration page, such as AmericaLink, and can have QSO's. However, when I press the GM/W button, in order to change reflectors, I get no response from the hotspot. There's no Local RF Activity indication and my "X" continues to flash unless I depress the GM/X button once more. YSF is the only mode selected, so it's not a scan time issue, like I've watched on a youtube video.
I have tried with Wires Passthrough on and off. Same results.
I have performed a factory reset and rebuilt my config. Same results.
My Pi-Star version is 4.1.6 (funny thing is I can't find 4.1.6 on the Pi-Star website, only 4.1.5)
My DVMega dual hat FW version is 3.26 which, according to DVMega website, is the latest version (originally installed on my hotspot)

I've tried unsuccessfully to cross-mode it (YSF2DMR). No response from hs when pressing the GM/X button.

Was there a problem with Pi-Star v4.1.6 and it was pulled? Is that why I can't find it on the PS website?
Thanks,
Ron - K5RPM
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Re: DVMega is "deaf" to GM/X command

Post by M1DNS »

I dont belive crossmodes work with a DVmega as crossmodes are done in firmware, or more precise mmdvm firmware, which doesnt run/ isnt part of / in use on a dvmega board.

4.1.6 was never uploaded to the downloads page. So its never been there to remove.

It was/ is only available after d/loading 4.1.5 and running an update/upgrade.

Sent via smoke signals using my SM-G935F

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
K5RPM

Post by K5RPM »

M1DNS,
Thanks for the info. I was wondering if it was the DVMega hat, not Pi-Star, that was the roadblock. I thought it could be the burst (TX) length when pressing the GM/X button but I also tried TX'ing normally, to open the squelch, and then quickly pressing the GM/X button. And that, also, did not work.
You are correct about the Pi-Star version. I went back into my DMR folder and did find that the d/l'ed version, back in 2021, was 4.1.5.

I guess that my only option is to manually change reflectors through the web browser interface.

Thanks again for the information.

~Ron -K5RPM
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by M1DNS »

Depending on ur radio its also possible to dtmf the 5 digit reflector no to change between reflectors also.

eg. #12345# works to move around using the YSF radios i own.

Sent via smoke signals using my SM-G935F

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.