RF Hangtime, DMR (Repeater)

Help with DMR issues
G0FHM

RF Hangtime, DMR (Repeater)

Post by G0FHM »

Hi folks,

I'm running a repeater with a Winters board and a pair of Kenwood TK-8180.

The problem I have is with the RF hangtime. The TK-8180 has a 10 minute (max) TOT and during heavy incoming net traffic, the TX radio will time out and not come back in until the TX drops and it resets.

What I want in a perfect world is for the RF to drop as soon as the other station de keys, to try and help the TX TOT a little bit.

I've had a poke about in MMDVMHost DMR settings and can't seem to get any joy with the TX hang, Call hang and Mode hang settings. Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks,

Jay G0FHM
AF6VN

Re: RF Hangtime, DMR (Repeater)

Post by AF6VN »

To my knowledge, the various "hang times" only really become effective if you are operating mixed mode (D-STAR and DMR on the same board). They control how long the Pi-Star software stays in the last used mode ("listening DMR", say) before going into an all mode wait ("listening").

No experience with repeater boards -- but simple hotspots don't hold the Tx during that hang time (if they did, one would never be able to reply until the time ran out and the unit went back to listening for all modes again).

--
AF6VN
Dennis L Bieber
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Re: RF Hangtime, DMR (Repeater)

Post by M1DNS »

If ur issue is with net traffic, look at net hang times.

Sent via smoke signals using my SM-G935F

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.