Voice injection over the air

General support for the Pi-Star System
iz5wga

Voice injection over the air

Post by iz5wga »

Hello,

I've got a hotspot made with OpenGD77 + external antenna.
Is there a way with pi-star (without allstarlink and reflectors) to inject an mp3/ogg/wav/whatever file in the air (DMR)?
I'd like to broadcast an announce, something like
"This is IZ5WGA HotSpot - Frequency XXX.XXX, Color Code X , connected to BM TGs xyz (or whatever)"

So I can put it in the crontab to let it play, let's say, once every hour if the line is not busy.

Thanks!
iz5wga

Re: Voice injection over the air

Post by iz5wga »

I suppose that allstarlink <--> Hblink <--> Hotspot is still the ony way, then...
iz5wga

Post by iz5wga »

Well,
I'll try to reduce the size of the question :)

When the pistar is in DSTAR mode it sends a voice beacon with the callsign of the host.
Is it possibile to do the same in DMR? ...
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by M1DNS »

iz5wga wrote: When the pistar is in DSTAR mode it sends a voice beacon with the callsign of the host.
Is it possibile to do the same in DMR? ...
Thats a feature of ircddbgateway, it has a file containing ambe encoded words, letters, numbers etc. which it uses to tx the info.
None of the other gateways have this feature. Also add in that DMR mode gets most all its prompts from the connected server.

Ircddbgateway is the most developed of Jons gateway programs (he spent yrs dedicating time to it)
The other gateways are relativly new by comparison with less time now to dedicate to advancing them.

Sent via smoke signals using my SM-G935F

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.