Unaccessible Pi-Star(s)

General support for the Pi-Star System
NO8J

Unaccessible Pi-Star(s)

Post by NO8J »

Both my Zum Spot (3B Raspberry Pi) and my Mini mmdvm (Raspberry Pi Zero W) won't let me into the Dashboard on my home network. They are both several years old and have worked faithfully, until now.

My network is a Unifi with a Security Gateway Router. Nothing has changed on it. If I power up the Zumspot, it boots and shows the IP address on the display. If I key my radio, it shows DMR and Brandmeister Talkgroup. I can change the talkgroup and it will show the new talkgroup on the Zumspot display. It appears that the RF module is working. If I go to Brandmeister last heard, Im unable to see my callsign or DMR ID. If I attempt to connect into the dashboard, I get a time out error. If I go into the router it shows the Pi-star with the correct IP address. If I attempt to ping it, I get an unreachable error.

Likewise with the mini. I power down the Zum Spot and power up the mini and get a different IP address then the Zumspot. Again, I cant reach the dashboard or ping it.

Sometimes, if I put the IP address in on either in the browser, the dashboard does come up. But, it sometimes takes 30 minutes to an hour.

Anyone have any ideas here? Im beginning to think the router has an issue. Any and all help much appreciated.

73, de NO8J