Connection Problems

General support for the Pi-Star System
NO8J

Connection Problems

Post by NO8J »

I have a mini pistar using the pizerow processor that I've used for several years and until recently it never gave me any issues. It quit connecting into the wifi system. I replaced the SD card, flashed an image on the new card with balena etcher and booted it. After several minutes I saw pi-star setup2 on the wifi system. I connected into it on my computer and went into configuration and scanned for my wifi network. I changed it to US wifi network, entered the psk for my wifi system and told it to save and connect, then reboot once it has finished.

I switch my computer to my home wifi system and attempt to continue configuring the system. It doesn't immediately connect to the wifi system. Sometimes it takes hours before I can find it. The display sometimes hangs up and displays startup. Other times it displays blank and I can't find it on my wifi system. If I scan for it using advanced IP scanner software, it shows it there, but not connected. I can't ping or connect to it.

The weird thing is, if I kerchunk my handheld, the blue led on the modem board flashes, so I know the RF portion is working.

Most times, after sitting for hours (overnight) it will connect into my wifi system and I can access the dashboard. Even then, after making configuration changes, I will tell it to accept changes, sometimes it will, other times it locks up.

Any ideas as to what is wrong?

Thanks
Mark
NO8J

Re: Connection Problems

Post by NO8J »

Problem solved. Turned out to be a router problem. Apparently when the power went down last month, it hosed up the DHCP in it. The tip off was the 169.254.XXX.XXX IP address on the pistar display. All set now.

73 de NO8J