YSF2P25

Help with YSF / Fusion issues
N4VGW

YSF2P25

Post by N4VGW »

I have a P25 reflector as well as several P25 Radios that work flawlessly on the P25 Network. Recently I have bought a Yaesu FT-5DR and been playing with Fusion for a bit. I want to try the YSF2P25 mode in Pi-Star and it seems to want to work-however as soon as it connects to my reflector-(I can see the Start Transmission and End Transmission)-right after the CONNECTED TO announcement it switches right back to DN from VW. I have it enabled in the TX/RX radio menu-(VW)-and before I press the WiresX its in VW. As soon as I enter WiresX it switches right back to DN. I can see its connected fine to reflector on radio. But its in DN mode and no traffic is received or passed. I'm at a loss here. I do see when it receives the reflector announcement it stays on VW on Mode then immediately switches back -(DN).
KB1IEE

Re: YSF2P25

Post by KB1IEE »

When the FT5DR is in wiresX mode, it will only transmit DW or DN and _never_ transmit VW. If the reflector itself or another party on the reflector is in VW, the FT5 will shift to receive VW until that transmission ends, then the FT5 goes back to DN mode.

If you need to be in WiresX mode to change reflectors or to select/enable YSF2P25, once that is established exit WiresX mode (which will leave you in VFO and DN). You can then go back to VW wither by cycling through the mode button, or by switching from VFO to Mem and recalling the saved channel with your PiStar frequency and mode set as VW.

(edit: typo- YSF2P25, not YSF2DMR)
Last edited by KB1IEE on Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
N4VGW

Re: YSF2P25

Post by N4VGW »

Got It! Thanks.. Yes that was my problem. I thought once I enabled WiresX i was good to go- I can HEAR traffic fine and I can see it switch to VW as stations are received. I just couldn't Transmit. I needed to back out of WiresX Mode and that did it...Staying with VW
Thanks again!