Changing W/L network

General support for the Pi-Star System
W4EDN

Changing W/L network

Post by W4EDN »

I must be missing something, i created a new SD card after losing the original one, got it working on my home network. Now i want to change it to my mobile network (mifi hotspot). Every time I do in Config, it reverts back to home? So in the short term, i added my mobile network as a second, when I go out in the mobile (camping), it will not find the home and hopefully connect to the mobile. Oh, BTW after getting it working, found the SDCRD inside the hotspot!.
Bill W4EDN
W4EDN

Re: Changing W/L network

Post by W4EDN »

Well that worked. Today i got another pistar hotspot, restore the config from another one and played with configuring the wireless. Several times i put the network SSID and PW in only to have it go blank after “Save and Connect”. Finally it took, and upon a reboot, connected to the desired network. I am thinking there has to be a certain wait time before these parameters can be changed. The experimentation continues. I now have one i can “play” with. Next time i will try for 2 on at one time with different frequencies and networks.
73. Bill W4EDN