Multi-Mode Pistar - Linking/Unlinking

General support for the Pi-Star System
NO8J

Multi-Mode Pistar - Linking/Unlinking

Post by NO8J »

I see that it is possible to set the pistar up for multi-mode use, e.g., DMR and D-STAR.

I read this quote of Andy Taylor online "My best advice for operating multi-mode is to turn on the modes you want—and leave them un-linked at startup, and only link when you want to (doing so from the radio in your hand) and un-link when you are done—this means the hotspot is always ready to go in the mode you want when you want." and am wondering how do I start up the pi-star "un-linked" and then how do I link and unlink the mode using the HT?

Thanks and 73,
Mark
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Re: Multi-Mode Pistar - Linking/Unlinking

Post by M1DNS »

By not defining a startup reflector and/or keying tg4000 before turning off ur radio.
and using the other linking commands for the radio ur using.

Suggest you take an evening and look over the linking section of ur radios manual. as most radios have a slightly different way to link. esp. for the different modes, but also the specific radio model nos.

Sent via smoke signals using my SM-G935F

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
NO8J

Post by NO8J »

Works just fine..appreciate your advice.

73 de NO8J
K1NRG

Post by K1NRG »

For WiresX radios with YSF2DMR enabled:

Hold # YSF Room# to link a Room
Hold * to Unlink

Hold # 00002# to link to YSF2DMR
Hold # DMR-TG# to link a TG
Hold # 04000# to Unlink TG then Hold * to Unlink from YSF2DMR and back to nothing linked

Note: Sometimes you need to key the mic to wake up the HotSpot to accept WiresX commands before using # or *

Really good YT Video on HotSpot MultiModes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wU6ssfSoRA0

For DMR Radios (Anytone 8x8 or Btech DMR-6X2):

Set up Contacts to link to TGs or DMR2YSF (70 + YSF Room Number)
Also set up Contacts for DMR Disconnect (4000) and YSF Disconnect (7004000)
You can also Manual Dial (Menu->Contacts->Manual Dial then press up arrow for Group ID and enter TF or YSF number)