FTM-400XDR YSF Link Selecton

Radio Equipment that can be used in Amateur Radio and where to get them. User support for those little problems that frequently occur and other little issues relation to Radio Equipment
K1NRG

FTM-400XDR YSF Link Selecton

Post by K1NRG »

With my hotspot set for YSF and YSF2DMR, there is a section on Admin Dashboard to change the Reflector Link.

On the Radio, keying in #<TGNum># selects the DMR Talk Group.

Is there a way to select the YSF Link on the Radio?

I have Reflector defaulted to YSF00002 but shows on Radio as 'Local' and no matter which Reflector I set it to using the Dashboard, tapping on it on Radio always returns 'No Data' so I don't get a list of available Reflectors to select.

I either have something set wrong or I'm missing a radio feature to use.
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Re: FTM-400XDR YSF Link Selecton

Post by M1DNS »

If ur at ysf2dmr you should be able to revert back to a ysf reflector by using the same process #5digit-ysf-reflector-no#

eg. #12345#

Sent via smoke signals using my SM-G935F

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
K1NRG

Post by K1NRG »

If I've selected a DMR TG using YSF2DMR then entering a numeric always selects a different DMR TG.

I can get back to YSF2DMR 'room' (so I can do a DMR TG search) by using the Admin Dashboard Link Manager but I know there's a trick to get back to YSF from DMR on the radio I just can't find it.
K1NRG

Post by K1NRG »

Also, I'm trying to save a YSF room to a category but after connecting to a room and tapping on it I always get back 'No Data' and can't get the screen with the 'Add' button. Not sure why 'No Data' from every room I select. This is the same problem in DMR with TGs where someone did a video where they selected the TG after connecting and got the magical 'second screen' with the 'Add' button. I never get a second screen just 'No Data' with either DMR or YSF.

And as an FYI two things pi-star related:

1. Hotspot doesn't see any Wires commands unless I key the mike and change Trx Listening to YSF Listening then it accepts commands. Sometimes it times out when I'm trying to do a search and have to back out, key the mike, then rush back to Search while pi-star is still in YSF Listening. Changed hang time to 30 but should pick up YSF just "Listening' yes?

2. Any time I change something in Config and Apply, YSF mode comes back turned off. Must use Expert and set not only System Fusion but System Fusion Network back to 1 from 0.

FTM0400: Search All sometimes works but Search by entering some characters always returns No Data

My DMR radio took like 10 minutes to set up and work with pi-star HotSpot - the FTM-400DXR has already wasted 2 days of my time and it still doesn't work right with YSF or YSF2DMR. :evil:

UPDATE: Add rooms or TGs to Category NOT supported on the 400 but works just fine on cheaper FT2D. Go figure.
Last edited by K1NRG on Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:57 pm, edited 4 times in total.
K1NRG

Post by K1NRG »

Got it sorted and here are my notes:

For WiresX radios with YSF2DMR enabled:

Hold # YSF Room# to link a Room
Hold * to Unlink

Hold # 00002# to link to YSF2DMR
Hold # DMR-TG# to link a TG
Hold # 04000# to Unlink TG then Hold * to Unlink from YSF2DMR and back to nothing linked

Note: Sometimes you need to key the mic to wake up the HotSpot to accept WiresX commands before using # or *

Also, it looks like it is not possible to use the 400 (or 500) with pi-star hotspots if you want to get the YSF room/TG menu to add to category. Would be interesting to know what they are doing differently so pi-star could implement for the 400/500 to work.