YSF Mode Won't Set in Config

Help with YSF / Fusion issues
K1NRG

YSF Mode Won't Set in Config

Post by K1NRG »

I can't get YSF to set - turn on then Apply Changes and always comes back turned off if I also have DMR and DMR2YSF On.

Thought it might be a corrupt Backup (I have several to set various profiles) so I did a factory reset and manually entered everything from scratch and no joy - still refuses to stay set.

Must go into expert and set System Fusion Enable to 1

If I want YSF2DMR I have to use expert to set System Fusion Network Enable to 1 as well

If I turn off DMR and DMR2YSF then YSF and YSF2DMR will stay set but I can't turn on all 4 at the same time. :cry:

So I have to make two profiles - one for DMR and one for YSF and backup each and restore the one I want to use depending on which radio I'm running. Can't use both radios at the same time unless I force YSF through expert mode.
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Re: YSF Mode Won't Set in Config

Post by M1DNS »

Im not sure what your trying to acheive in trying to make them all active? but...

You can run DMR and DMR2YSF
You can run YSF and YSF2DMR
You can run DMR, DMR2YSF and YSF
You can run YSF, YSF2DMR and DMR

Usually if im doing this ill jave the base mode connected to one server / reflector
And the crossover mode connected to something else using its own seperate SSID.

If i need anything more, i power up a 2nd, 3rd, 4th hotspot and use then with additional radios on diffefent freqs.

Sent via smoke signals using my SM-G935F

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
K1NRG

Re: YSF Mode Won't Set in Config

Post by K1NRG »

Thanks for that.

I was trying to run two radios - a DMR and C4FM (not at the same time, just wanted everything active so I could use either).

Figured the DMR would connect and use DMR/DMR2YSF and the Yaesu would connect and use YSF/YSF2DMR.

So I'm back to having two 'profiles' - one for DMR/DMR2YSF and another for YSF/YSF2DMR both as a backup file that I restore depending on which radio I want to use.