Anytone 878 won't connect

Help with DMR issues
K8JFG

Anytone 878 won't connect

Post by K8JFG »

I have 3 DMR radios, all configured the same - Anytone 868 and 878 and Baofeng 1701. The Anytone's are actually clones. I have 2 Pi-Star Hotspots - both MMDVM hats. They are clones. Everything is working fine - radios talk to each other in simplex, radios hit other repeaters, radios connect through hotspots - EXCEPT the 878 will NOT connect to either hotspot. When keying up the 878 there is no recognition of an RF signal on the hotspot (either on the display or dashboard) but it does talk simplex to the 868 if I have it on the same channel.

I've had four different people help review all of the configurations - all appear in order. I've been concentrating on the code plug in the 878, but maybe the configuration problem is in the hotspot?

Things that have already been verified and completed include - DMR ID (all using the same ID), frequencies (same), TS (2) and Color Code (1) settings, talk groups, private/public status (private), Tx allow (on) and Tx prohibit (off), DMR Mode (simplex), encryption (off) - I've even completely reset and reprogrammed the radios from factory settings and reimaged one of the Pi-Star's. No joy.

Can anybody provide some insight or advice as to how to solve this problem? Or even suggestions as to where to look.
:(
DF1KZ

Re: Anytone 878 won't connect

Post by DF1KZ »

Did you check the frequency offset of the hotspot?
I had the same problem with my Anytone 878 and found, that the hotspot had an offset of more than 2 kHz. The Anytone seams to be sensitive to frequency offset.
K8JFG

Post by K8JFG »

Great idea, thanks. I checked it out, the offset is only about 250hz, so it shouldn't make a difference. But I'll double check and see if that might bring it in.
K8JFG

Post by K8JFG »

DF1KZ wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 3:42 pm Did you check the frequency offset of the hotspot?
I had the same problem with my Anytone 878 and found, that the hotspot had an offset of more than 2 kHz. The Anytone seams to be sensitive to frequency offset.
THANK YOU! I did recheck the offsets and though it was only 300hz it was identical on both pi-star's for the 878. And if I put that offset in the programming for the channels using the hotspot - voila, it works!! Interestingly, I did the same calibration using the 868 and got significantly different results but the 868 works fine with the Pi-Star.

Thank you for the tip - I have a work-around and something else to examine on my 878.