Zumspot 2018 version

General support for the Pi-Star System
G6JUP

Zumspot 2018 version

Post by G6JUP »

When attempting to update a Zumspot firmware to latest firmware with the command sudo pistar-zumspotflash rpi it responds with command not found.
MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Re: Zumspot 2018 version

Post by MW0MWZ »

it will do, I removed the old update commands, try the new one pistar-modemupgrade :)

This excellent tool was written by Chip Cuccio (W0CHP) not me, so all credit to him please.

Code: Select all

pi-star@pi-star-dstar(ro):~$ sudo pistar-modemupgrade 
[!] Note: No modem specified!

This utility is used to flash/upgrade your hotspot modem/radio.
This is a modified version of the excelent tool written by Chip Cuccio (W0CHP)
To use the command, you need to specify your modem type...
Please choose from the list below, and run this command again:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  Modem Type						Command
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  MMDVM_HS_Hat  (14.7456MHz TCXO) GPIO:			pistar-modemupgrade hs_hat
  MMDVM_HS_Hat  (12.2880MHz TCXO) GPIO:			pistar-modemupgrade hs_hat-12mhz
  MMDVM_HS_Dual_Hat (14.7456MHz TCXO) GPIO:		pistar-modemupgrade hs_dual_hat
  MMDVM_HS_Dual_Hat (12.2880MHz TCXO) GPIO:		pistar-modemupgrade hs_dual_hat-12mhz

ZUMSpot RPi boards/hotspots GPIO:                     pistar-modemupgrade zum_rpi
  ZUMSpot RPi duplex GPIO board/hotspots:               pistar-modemupgrade zum_rpi-duplex
  ZUMspot USB stick:                                    pistar-modemupgrade zum_usb
  ZUMspot Libre Kit or generic MMDVM_HS board:          pistar-modemupgrade zum_libre

SkyBridge board/hotspots (14.7456MHz TCXO) GPIO:	pistar-modemupgrade skybridge
  DVMega-EuroNode hotspots (14.7456MHz TCXO) GPIO:	pistar-modemupgrade euronode
  NANO_DV NPi GPIO by BG4TGO:                           pistar-modemupgrade nanodv_npi
  NANO_DV USB by BG4TG:                                 pistar-modemupgrade nanodb_usb
  Nano_hotSPOT by BI7JTA (14.7456MHz TCXO) GPIO:	pistar-modemupgrade hs_hat_nano_hotspot
  Nano_hotSPOT Duplex by VR2VYE (14.7456MHz TCXO) GPIO:	pistar-modemupgrade hs_hat_nano_hotspot-duplex
  LoneStar LS MMDVM USB (14.7456MHz TCXO) USB:		pistar-modemupgrade hs_hat_lonestar-usb

HS_HAT_AMBE (14.7456MHz TCXO) GPIO:			pistar-modemupgrade hs_hat_ambe
  MMDVM_HS_GENERIC (14.7456MHz TCXO) GPIO:		pistar-modemupgrade hs_hat_generic
  MMDVM_HS_GENERIC_DUPLEX (14.7456MHz TCXO) GPIO:	pistar-modemupgrade hs_hat_generic_duplex
  MMDVM_HS_GENERIC_DUPLEX (14.7456MHz TCXO) USB:	pistar-modemupgrade hs_hat_generic_duplex-usb

IMPORTANT: Please note, that we are not firmware developers, and we offer no support for firmware.
We simply provide utilities to update the firmware. For actual firmware support, you will need to
utilize other support resources from the firmware developers/maintainers or the web.
Or the new GUI version: http://pi-star/admin/expert/modem_fw_upgrade.php (this only landed today).
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
http://pistar.uk
G8SEZ

Post by G8SEZ »

I just ran it on a Pi Zero 2W running Pi-Star 4.2.0 with a HS_HAT clone on it and it happily updated it to v1.6.1 without any problems.
--

Brian G8SEZ
G6JUP

Post by G6JUP »

What TCXO is used on the Zumspot V0. 4
MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Post by MW0MWZ »

All the early MMDVM_HS stuff is 14MHz, 12MHz shows up but it's farly rare.

However Zumspot doesn't have an option, and DO make sure you flash Zumspots with Zum firmware and not the MMDVM_HS or generic.
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
G6JUP

Post by G6JUP »

The command sudo wpsd-modemupgrade zum_rpi reports back command not found.
G6JUP

Post by G6JUP »

I used the new FW tool to update the firmware using new tool which was successful, thanks another brilliant pi-star innovation.
G8SEZ

Post by G8SEZ »

G6JUP wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:40 pm I used the new FW tool to update the firmware using new tool which was successful, thanks another brilliant pi-star innovation.
Well, you need to thank Chip W0CHP for it, it's been generously shared (I know, open source) so that Pi-Star benefits from it.
--

Brian G8SEZ
MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Post by MW0MWZ »

G8SEZ wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:29 pm
G6JUP wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:40 pm I used the new FW tool to update the firmware using new tool which was successful, thanks another brilliant pi-star innovation.
Well, you need to thank Chip W0CHP for it, it's been generously shared (I know, open source) so that Pi-Star benefits from it.
Indeed it is the tool Chip wrote and he deserves all the credit, it is NOT a pistar innovation (this time).
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by M1DNS »

G8SEZ wrote:
Though worth mentioning... Whilst we did borrow the tool 'the gui part and its idea" the actual firmware update procedure is still what we used prior in pistar (Originally we used a cli command to kick of the install script) The gui part is what we borrowed, the back end and the firmware handling is still PS we didnt want to use the firmware he makes available as he tags it, and we thought that wouldnt be correct, instead the firmware that PS uses is pulled from source, either Andy or Jonathan and the extra sauce we added will even push a f/w update when/if we add new bins so you should always have a matched pair. So We only really borrowed the tool and the idea of how he does it. And after all that he does still get a mention on the actual dashboard page where youll be using the tool. Image

Sent via smoke signals using my SM-G935F

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.