will not connect to wifi but AP is working and I can connect to the AP

Help with Raspberry Pi Foundation Boards (Raspberry Pi, Pi Zero, Pi Zero W, Pi A, Pi B, Pi B+, Pi2 B, Pi3 B, Pi 3 B+)
KA2Y

will not connect to wifi but AP is working and I can connect to the AP

Post by KA2Y »

Raspberry Pi Zero W - Zumspot board on it. This morning it will not connect to any of my wifi networks, but the AP connection is up and running - I can connect to the Pi Zero with my laptop if I select AP as the network. ???

It was working fine last evening.

No Router changes.

I pulled another Raspberry Pi Zero W with Dual-Band DVMega board into service and it does connect to my wifi network. The bad RPi is powered off now. I have not applied any of last nights Pi-Star updates to the one that is working.

Very curious how the AP can work but computer will not connect to wifi? No changes other than nightly Pi-Star auto-update on the bad RPi.
KA2Y

Re: will not connect to wifi but AP is working and I can connect to the AP

Post by KA2Y »

I do not know what went on, but I just turned the bad Raspberry Pi Zero W back on and it connected to my wifi but got a new IP address. ??? In any case it is working now.
W1KMC

Re: will not connect to wifi but AP is working and I can connect to the AP

Post by W1KMC »

Not that it would make a whole lot of difference,but maybe when the 'bad' Pi0 went to renew its IP lease something went horribly wrong and a lease could not be obtained, shutting off for a day may have released the IP lease and gave a new IP instead. If your router can do 'RESERVE" IP tables set each Pi you have to always get the same IP number. (This is a router thing, I can't help here unless you have a Netgear NightHawk) but basicly Its a reserve DHCP for a device that will never change as it picks up on the MAC address and not the hostname, so putting an SD card in a new Pi would see it as a different computer/device.

Hope this is as clear as mud for you, but it's an idea to ponder.
I am no developer, guru, expert, nor do I claim to be or want to be. All advice I give is purely from experience and my efforts to help others.

W1KMC - Kevin M Carman
Bangor, ME
Jumbospot on a Pi0W
DMR 3123142 & 3123143
HHUS Trunk Ext 4329