Connecting to FCS vs YSF

Help with YSF / Fusion issues
kc3mil

Re: Connecting to FCS vs YSF

Post by kc3mil »

N6WY wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 9:33 pm On my FT-70, I can connect to FCS00290 (American Link WIRES-X) by turning the top knob to show the C* screen and entering 00140 and press the AMS key. The Cn screen shows FCS002 and room 290. I can make contacts on the American Link WIRES-X using 00140.
If you want to connect to FCS00355 (WISCONSIN LINK), you need to go to the Pi-Star configuration page find the FCS00290 and then start counting the number of FCS entries between FCS00290 and FCS00355. Today, I counted 32. 32 plus 00140 is 00172. Go to C* screen and enter 00172 and press AMS key. The Cn screen shows FCS003 and room 355.
If you want to connect to FCS00285 (American Ragchew Wires-X), which is 2 above the FCS00290 in the Pi-Star configuration page, subtract 2 from 00140 for 00138. Go to C* screen and enter 00138 and press AMS key. The Cn screen shows FCS002 and room 285.
Note: The list for all Pi-Star reflectors are shown on the Pi-Star Configuration page in the Yaesu System Fusion Configuration section. Use the list in the Setting for YSF Startup Host: Do not click Apply Changes if you are only looking at what reflectors that you can connect to using Pi-Star and counting the reflectors from your known value to the reflectors that you want to connect.
Ok.. great. Lots of info. Well done. But how do you get to the C* screen. What IS the C* screen??! Most of the explainations on this tend skip to the last steps in the process as if the person asking the question is expected to know the first 3/4 steps to getting to where your beginning is. Very frustrating indeed.
Jay Green

:| :arrow: :evil: :arrow: :idea: :arrow: :twisted: :arrow: :mrgreen:
KD2KBU

Post by KD2KBU »

I assume you have figured this out by now, but in case there are others wondering the same thing...

On the FT-70D,you press the F key and then the AMS key and you SHOULD connect to the Zumspot in WIRES-X mode. I know, its not actually WIRES-X, but this is the MODE that allows you to use WIRES-X functions.

Once connected, you spin the knob on top until you see the screen that allows you to enter the five digit room number. If you check your Yaesu literature, it is the same place you would enter a WIRES-X room number, but you would NOT enter the WIRES-X room number, you would enter the YSF or FCS room number, as described previously.

Having said all that, I am not having any success connecting to FCS rooms any more. It had worked for me, but not now and I am not sure why. I am still able to connect to YSF rooms. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

John KD2KBU
KD4IIW

Post by KD4IIW »

C*00142 got me to FCS290
N6VL

Post by N6VL »

KD4IIW wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:24 am C*00142 got me to FCS290
Yes that's the problem with FCS. The WIRES-X # equivalent changes as new rooms are added or removed. Think of it as a index that starts with the lowest FCS #. That's the problem with FCS...